cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating customised mailings based on segments

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

We want to create one list where the users can click checkboxes to decide which segments of the list they are interested in: newsletter, lessons, paintings, travelogue, exhibitions, etc. 

We then want to be able to send an automated mailing based on the items they chose. For example, if they chose newsletter and paintings, we send them one email that combines their interests - we do not want to send out two different emails. Another example would be those who chose newsletter, paintings and exhibitions. - the segment information would be the same as in the first example, but with the extra information about exhibitions. 

Is this possible to achieve with constant contact?

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES
Occasional Participant

We want to create one list where the users can click checkboxes to decide which segments of the list they are interested in: newsletter, lessons, paintings, travelogue, exhibitions, etc. 

We then want to be able to send an automated mailing based on the items they chose. For example, if they chose newsletter and paintings, we send them one email that combines their interests - we do not want to send out two different emails. Another example would be those who chose newsletter, paintings and exhibitions. - the segment information would be the same as in the first example, but with the extra information about exhibitions. 

Is this possible to achieve with constant contact?

kind regards

Barry

CTCT Employee

Re: Creating customised mailings based on segments

Hey @First-NameL70904!

Welcome to the Community! Thank you for reaching out to us. So for the short answer, yes this is attainable! What you would want to do is:

1. Create all contact lists needed. Which would include the variations you described, for example, Newsletter and paintings.

2. Once all the email lists are created, you would want to go to 'Sign-up Forms' at the top of your screen. From there click 'Landing Pages and More', and then lastly click on the sign up form listed.

3. From there you can create a sign up form to send to your customers that allow them to choose which information they would like to receive from you!

4. Lastly, you will want to create an Autoresponder for each list option you have created.

Auto.pngsign up.pngform form.png

Desi_B
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Occasional Participant

Unfortunately that does not solve the problem. When they choose several interests I want to send them one email that contains the information for all their interests, not several emails each with different information.

Is this possible?

CTCT Employee

Hello @First-NameL70904,

If I am reading correctly, you are looking for the Constant Contact system to automatically generate a single email with all of their selected interests. Unfortunately that is not a function of the service. I think that if this were possible it would be a great idea! We have a Feedback and Ideas section of the community that this idea would be perfect for. I recommend making a post there and let other users vote on it, who knows it might become a new feature!

-Curtis P
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!