cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating email in MY account for a client to send from THEIR account--doable?

Occasional Participant

Creating email in MY account for a client to send from THEIR account--doable?

I have a client who asked me to make an email campaign for them; they have a Constant Contact account but they do not want anybody outside of their organization to have access to their list of contacts, so I can't just log into their account. They do not have anyone who is able, at this point, to create the emails they want to send. So I opened my own account and created an email campaign for them, but I am uncertain as to how I can somehow get the campaign I made to them so they can send it out. It has to be, as they say, "idiot-proof" because nobody in the office seems at all tech-savvy. Ideas?

12 REPLIES 12
Honored Contributor

Re: Creating email in MY account for a client to send from THEIR account--doable?

You can do it block by block after pulling up the same basic template in their account.

..............BUT

With no technical help on their end to do it and you unable to sign on to their account you're dead meat.

They are going to need to trust you a little more.

Tony Schaefer
FREE consultation for your next project
Accredited CTCT GOLD Solution Provider
Constant Contact All Star 2009-2010-2011-2012
www.cliquemarketing.biz

Occasional Participant

Re: Creating email in MY account for a client to send from THEIR account--doable?

It's ridiculous. I would imagine this is a common sort of thing, that a designer would be asked to just create a template for a client to use. I wouldn't want to hand over access to my mailing list either, and honestly I wouldn't WANT access to it--who needs the agita if their privacy is breached and you get blamed?Why in the world would CC make it so difficult???

Is there any way to block access to the contact lists while allowing soemone to create a campaign, I wonder?

Well, I thought this was going to turn into an ordeal--and it has!  Thank you for the reply.

Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Hi Kristina.

I'm so sorry that you are having trouble with this. Tony did give the right answer here. Unfortunately you would either need to A. Have access to their account, or B. we have a custom services team that can do the copy for you but it does come at a fee of $50 dollars. It's a one time fee to have that template moved into your client's account. Please let me know if you would like to set up the custom services campaign copy and I would be happy to set up the case in your account for them to contact you. Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with.

Thank you! 

Melissa M
Community and Social Support Intern

If you find my post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
Honored Contributor

"Is there any way to block access to the contact lists while allowing someone to create a campaign, I wonder?"

Well there is a great idea, CC just changed (they say improved) account access to allow more that one person which really does nothing.

During the redesign the product planners blew the opportunity to add real value to it by allowing controlled access (as in edit only) and account audit capacity to keep track of what someone did. 

So looks like you have to pay more money ($50) for what you really should have the capacity to do anyway.

Can I suggest you do a screen share where you can do the work and they can watch that you don't rifle through their lists.

Tony Schaefer
FREE consultation for your next project
Accredited CTCT GOLD Solution Provider
Constant Contact All Star 2009-2010-2011-2012
www.cliquemarketing.biz

Honored Contributor

We are working on customizing the mulit-user access with options to allow or block other users access to lists or just editing, etc. But this is still a work in progress. Please know that this is something that we are working on. I just do not have a date as to when it will be available.

Occasional Participant

I will be back in touch if I need your services. Thank you for the answer, although it is not a particularly acceptable one!

Occasional Participant

THat's a good idea. I imagine they'll relent and let me have access--I suggested to them they let me in, let me do what I need to do, then change their password if it made them feel better. Or I'd sign some sort of non-disclosure or whatever. We'll see.

Occasional Participant

Seems pretty simple, but anyway, I hope you do it soon, it would be helpful to a LOT of people I bet.

CTCT Employee

Hi Kristina.

I'm sorry that we do not have this capability right now. I'm sure there are other customers in your exact situation that would find this very useful. What I would suggest doing at this time is leaving your feedback about this in our Email Feedback area. That way other customers can vote on it and show just how intersted they are. The more votes it gets, the more popular the idea will get and the engineers will understand that this is something a lot of our customers could use and benefit from. 

Melissa M
Community and Social Support Intern

If you find my post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!