cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Field Character Length

All Star

Custom Field Character Length

We are looking to send an email to our customer with a personalized link. I would like to use a custom field to upload each customer's personalized link. I just wanted to know if there is a character length to the custom field?

I read in another post that it was 50 characters but after account migration you could get 255? what is the current character length of a customer field?

Thanks!

1 REPLY
CTCT Employee

Re: Custom Field Character Length

Hi @VanessaB03463

That's a great question! When it comes to a custom field, for the field name there is a length limit of 50 characters. However there is a 255 character limit for the contact detail that is going into that custom field, so in this case the personalized link. I apologize for any confusion there may be for a custom field character length. 

Frankie P.
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!