cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom fields not importing into email

Highlighted

Custom fields not importing into email

I created a few custom fields for my contact list that i imported from an excel file. However, when I do preview test for email the custom fields don't show up. I would appreciate your prompt assistance with this. Do I have to use a special HTML tag or code along with this?

The custom fields I need in the letter are "Donation Amount", "Donation Date", "Full Name of Donor," and "Mailing Address." I managed to get the name of contact.

Thanks! 

1 REPLY 1

Re: Custom fields not importing into email

Hello @AvivaP1. I see that you called into our Support team and I hope that they were able to resolve your issue.

I did want to answer your question here in case anyone else in the Community has the same question. During testing and previewing, custom fields will not appear in previewed emails as they will only show once an email is sent. In order to test to make sure that your custom fields were inserted properly, you would need to send a live email to a small group or yourself (make sure that those contacts have custom fields in their contact profiles). This way, you should see that custom information inserted into the email. 

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!