Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customising event registration forms

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Customising event registration forms

Hi,

I'm currently preparing an Event in Constant Contact and thought I would reach out to the community to hear if you had any ideas for building a registration form to meet our event needs.

The event is a conference which will be free for all attendees, however there will be additional costs for the different workshops and seminars taking place.  The cost of these seminars would differ for members of our association and for non-members.

My plan to tackle this in Constant Contact had been to create an event with two types of 'Fees' for registration, both with a cost of $0.00 - one for non-members and one for members.  I had planned to then add the different optional seminars and workshops in the 'Additional items' section of the form.

The problems I am facing with this are:

- Constant Contact seems to only have an option for No Fee, which removes my idea of indicating member or non-member status.  I tried setting the multiple fees option, but this returns an error when setting the fee to $0.00.

- Is there a way to make additional items offered only visible based on registration type; that is, to hide the member-only prices from non-members once the registration type is selected?

Thanks for any suggestions you may have!  Looking forward to hearing about your experiences working with Events in CC.

5 REPLIES
CTCT Employee

Re: Customising event registration forms

Hello @Ozymandias,

Thank you for reaching out regarding setting up the event fees and additional iteams. That's a great question! At this time, there isn't a way to only display certain item options depending on what fee selection someone chooses- all of the additional items will always display. Alternatively, you may want to consider setting up two different events: one for members and one for non-members. That way you can control who sees what! 

If you have any additional questions about that process, please let us know.

Amber_L
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your suggestion, Amber!

I was considering setting up two events, and may end up doing this - if only to make a less complex form for my users.  One problem is that this would mean I could potentially over-sell some places which are limited.  I presume this also means that there is no way to have two free registration options?

CTCT Employee

Hi @Ozymandias,

You might want to consider using a discount code for your event for your members to enter.  That way you can still have the $0.00 registration fee, but any items they purchase with the discount code would be at the discounted amount for the members. The only ones that would see the discounts would be those that you have provided the discount code to.  The discount code would be set up to apply to the entire order.  I think this would accomplish what you are trying to do.

Donna_P.

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Tags (2)
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your suggestion too, Donna.  I have been experimenting with discount and access codes.

I'll keep experimenting and see if I can make it work. 

CTCT Employee

@Ozymandias,

Perfect! 

If you have any further questions please feel free to reach out to us here. We are always happy to assist you in any way we can!

Donna_P.

Tags (2)
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!