cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Cut from website and paste into CC template

Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Cut from website and paste into CC template

Weekly community newsletter. I cut from Wordpress site page and paste into block.  I use to do this article by article.  Occasionally I would get a html parsing error but with html editor could fix the problem. Now I'm cutting  and pasting three columns of a page at one time (website redesign made this possible).  Works great 75% of time, but I still get problems of html errors. When I try to use html editor,  there is so much code I can't find the error.   Is there some easy way to find what is causing the error.  

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Cut from website and paste into CC template

Hello @obxnonprofit. Thanks for reaching out to us. For those customers who copy and paste a lot of text into their emails, I always suggest using a text editor. By copying and pasting the text first into the text editor, this should take out most problematic formatting before you paste the text into your Constant Contact email.

Also I took a look at your email and I see that it's one large block with a very large table that you are using to organize your information. This can make it difficult to narrow down what text needs to be edited and what is causing the parsing error to appear. You might want to consider looking into a different template design, especially if this is a template that you have made copies of multiple times, which can also affect the HTML of your email as well. 

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Advisor

Thanks, will definitely use text editor.  I appreciate  your quick response. 

I've been using CC for a dozen years and more.  This is the second template I've used for this particular group.  I hesitate to change as I have to set up fonts, colors, etc., with no guarantee it will work better. Do you have any suggestions.  I want to do minimal work in cut and pasting from my website front page to CC. 

This is an all volunteer operation short on resources including people and money.  

N

Hi @obxnonprofit

Great question!  I would suggest to create a master template. This way if you were to start fresh it would be an email ready to go every time. This email would be setup with your logo, colors and even links to social sites set. This way every time you copied this template you would have to do minimal work to set up the different fonts, colors, and logos you'd like. The only thing you would have to do is plug in the content for the specific email you're working on. I took a peek at your account and can see you also have the ability to Save a Sent Email Campaign as a Master Template.  

Hope either of these options help!

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.