cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Cutting Off Email

SOLVED
All Star

Cutting Off Email

My emails keep getting cut off in strange places, but I need all of the content to stay put. How can I fix this?

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
CTCT Employee

Re: Cutting Off Email

Hi @1lockwood,

Thank you for coming to the Community. I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing formatting issues with your email campaign. Would you be able to provide us with screenshots of what you are seeing? What is the name of the campaign you are seeing this happen in? What email clients are you seeing this occur in? You can also email us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with your username, the answers to the questions, and a reference to this post and we would be happy to investigate further!

Lucas_D
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing
All Star

Hi @Lucas_D ,

Thanks for the response! I am currently having issues with my Weekly email newsletter 1/18/18 campaign when I preview it. Below are two screenshots that showcase the issue. 

Screen Shot 2018-01-12 at 9.03.36 AM.pngWhat it should look likeScreenshot 2018-01-12 08.55.52.pngWhat happens

CTCT Employee

Hi @1lockwood,

Thank you for replying back with the screenshots and the answers to the questions! I went ahead and tested your campaign across the more popular email clients to narrow down which ones could be having this issue. After this testing, it appears that this is happening only in Gmail, which it looks like you may be using this email client. The reason this happens in Gmail, is because there is only a certain amount of content that it will visibly show. As soon as this limit (102KB file size) is exceeded, it will cut off your campaign and at the very bottom left of the email, you'll notice a "View Entire Message" hyperlink. By clicking on this link, you can view the campaign in its entirety, solving the display issue. If you want to learn more about this, take a look here.

What can help in this situation is to make the campaign shorter in length, by reducing the amount of images/text in the email if possible.

Lucas_D
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing
All Star

Thanks for your help! @Lucas_D