cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Due to an issue with YouTube, inserting videos in your emails is showing an error. Until they are able to resolve this issue, we recommend using a different video hosting service. We will continue to monitor this outage and update you as we have more information.

DOCTYPE being stripped out

DOCTYPE being stripped out

Hello, I've being trying to put this in my custom email head:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

However, the doctype line is being stripped out and causing errors across devices for the layout.

Anybody had this issue or know how to get around, so I can use DOCTYPE?

1 REPLY 1

Re: DOCTYPE being stripped out

Hi @RobertF941 

Thank you for reaching out about your email campaign! I can understand how important it is for your document type declarations in custom coded emails. What !DOCTYPE are you trying to use in the Advanced Editor? I apologize at this time our advanced editor does strip this. Being able to include these declarations is a feature request I have tracked in your account as our engineers are collecting feedback on. In the meantime, as a workaround we would suggest replacing the <td> tags with <th> tags. Webkit does allow the "display: block" style on <th> tags with no doctype declared. It’s also important we point out that <th> tags default to "font-weight: bold" and "text-align: center" styles.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.