cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Due to an issue with YouTube, inserting videos in your emails is showing an error. Until they are able to resolve this issue, we recommend using a different video hosting service. We will continue to monitor this outage and update you as we have more information.

Date field

Advisor

Date field

I've only found very old posts on this topic, so I apologize if it's been answered.

Is there anyway to have the current date pulled into an email (through the advanced editor).  I'm setting up emails that go out daily and I need them to say "Your tip for TODAY'S DATE"

Thank you!

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Date field

Hi @imru

Thanks for reaching out to the Community with your question! I can understand the want to have an option for the current date to be pulled into an email, unfortunately this is not a feature we currently provide. However I would be more than happy to pass along your feedback for this feature. We're always collecting feedback to improve your experience using our system. 

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Advisor

I've noticed this is the answer people have been getting since 2013...is this something actually on your enhancement roadmap at this time?

Hi @imru. Being able to insert that type of information into the subject line is still something we are collecting feedback on at this time. For now, the subject line would have to be manually updated to insert the date. We have submitted your feedback over to the appropriate department. 

Caitlin M.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Advisor

Thanks Caitlin, while I don't think this will change your answer, I'm actually looking to insert the date into the body of the email and not the subject.

Hi @imru. I just checked with our upper level of support and at this time, it is not possible to automatically have a date be entered into the email and the date would have to manually updated when the email was created or copied. This type of function you are looking for requires Javascript which our email product does not support. Please let us know if you have any further questions. 

Caitlin M.