Deleted contacts by mistake

GretchenJ65
Rookie
0 Votes

i deleted about 20 contacts tonight by mistake....can i get them back? i'm trying to just clean all my list names and start over but in following your directions i don't know what happened

6 REPLIES 6
Lucas_D
Employee

Hi @GretchenJ65,

Thank you for reaching out to us through the Community. I am sorry to hear that you experienced this issue. It is possible to retrieve the contacts if they were on a specific list that you had emailed a campaign in the past. In order to locate the contacts, you would click on the "Reporting" tab located at the top of your navigation toolbar. Then, scroll down until you see the title of a specific campaign that you sent to that list. Click on the "Sent" number of contacts for that campaign. Once you have done that, you should be able to select the contacts that were removed and export them out to a spreadsheet which you can use to import them back in. I hope this helps. Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Lucas_D
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing
MariaJB
Rookie
0 Votes

Thank you for your very helpful explanation!

Alex_S
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @MariaJB

We're glad Lucas was able to help you! Please reach out if you have any other questions. We're happy to help!

Thanks!

Alex S.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
NHED
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

I, too, accidentally deleted the wrong duplicate name.  I tried to follow your suggestion, but the name is crossed out and I am unable to click the box.  The hover says This contact has been deleted.   Any other way I can get this name back into my contacts?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

If you add just the email on its own, it should repopulate all the associated contact fields that it had prior to deletion. If you're unable to add via single, try using the type/paste multiple method or import file method to get it back in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
JennM59
Rookie
0 Votes

What if the contacts that were deleted don't match a specific campaign? 

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST