cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
In recognition of Martin Luther King Day, our Support Centers will be open with limited hours on Monday (1/20) from 10AM ET to 6PM ET.
Visit our Help Center to see all of the ways you can find answers to your questions.

Different view from 'Mobile Preview' to my actual cellphone view.

Different view from 'Mobile Preview' to my actual cellphone view.

Hi,

I am sending a newsletter to be seen on desktop and mobile devices. Constant Contact shows me the Mobile preview and it looks fine (one column), but when I send the test to my phone, it shows two columns and the font is very small making it difficult to read. What can I do to fix this?

Thanks,

Ann

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Different view from 'Mobile Preview' to my actual cellphone view.

Hi @YMCAHBB 

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! It sounds like email is not being mobile responsive so I apologize this is happening. Emails not being mobile responsive as they should is something we are continuing to look into and would like to collect a few more details on. For instance, what mobile device and email client are you using? Is your email a company based domain? If so, who is your web hosting provider? Having this information along with the name of your campaign and a screenshot is helpful. In the meantime I would suggest viewing your email through a different mobile email app. Does your template display correctly through a different app?

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

Thanks for your response. We use Microsoft Outlook, for mobile device, it'd be any smartphone (iPhone/Android) and our hosting provider is CWP. 

When seeing the preview, this is what Constant Contact shows:

It looks good. 

Screen Shot 2019-11-19 at 10.02.23 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-11-19 at 10.02.39 AM.png

However, when I sent the test this is what it shows on my phone:

IMG_0484.PNGIMG_0485.PNGIMG_0486.PNG

It is very difficult and tedious to read.

It'd be great if you could help to fix this as soon as possible.

Ann

Hi @YMCAHBB 

Thank you for following up with these details and screenshots. Emails not being mobile responsive on Outlook Mobile App for an iPhone as previously mentioned is something we are continuing to troubleshoot. Though we have added you to our queue to be notified when this is resolved, I apologize we do not have a time estimate for when this will happen. As a workaround we recommend viewing your email through a different mobile email app like Gmail or your Apple Mail.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.