cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Upload - not working

Occasional Visitor

Document Upload - not working

Why can I not upload any new documents?? The 'upload new document' link does nothing. Please help, I need to send out a newsletter with new documents now!
Tags (3)
5 REPLIES 5
CTCT Employee

Re: Document Upload - not working

Hello @ElizabethG017,

I am sorry to hear that the 'upload new document’ link was being unresponsive for you. Have you tried uploading the document using the Library tab at the top of your screen?

Brittany W
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.
All Star

This seems to have been an issue since the new feature that insists on creating a graphic image to accompany each document was implemented. It would be wonderful to have the ability to turn off that feature when a graphic is not needed, and when the creation of that graphic actually interferes with the uploading of the document itself.

Hi @KenW8

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I apologize this is the experience you're having with uploading your document. We've added this feature you've mentioned to help make it easier with inserting an image version a PDF into your emails. Have you tried working in a different browser or a private/incognito window? I also would suggest uploading your document under the Library tab of your account. 

Frankie P.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
All Star

Frankie,

Thanks for your interest in my document uploading problem. As you suggested, I started Firefox in Safe Mode with all extensions turned off, and then attempted to upload in the Library tab. The results, or lack of results, were the same as the original problem. The progress indicator simply spun helplessly until I finally aborted the process.

The thing that frustrates me the most about this issue is that it seems to be the result of an attempt on the part of Constant Contact to "help" by insisting upon automatically creating a graphic for each document uploaded. I have been manually creating images to use with document links for several years with great success. Now, since I no longer have an option to skip the automatic creation of images which I do not want in the first place, I can no longer upload many of the types of documents that I have featured on a weekly basis. 

Rather than attempting to circumvent the problem with Safe Mode solutions, etc., it would seem to me to be so much simpler (and far less frustrating) to just give us the option to bypass the creation of the automatic graphic in the first place. In the meantime, I am including the message in our weekly newsletters, "We apologize, access to that document is not available this week due to ongoing technical issues with our newsletter distributor." I would be delighted to be able to remove that message in favor of access to all of our documents as we enjoyed before this change took place.

CTCT Employee

Hello @KenW8,

I'm sorry for the ongoing issues you've been having with uploading those documents.  We have gotten a few similar reports, and are working on a correction.  We have found a few workaround that seem to be fairly effective though.  One of the more common causes of that error seems to be related to the layering of the original PDF.  In your PDF editor you could try using the 'flatten' options, which should both reduce the overall size of the PDF, as well as allow it to upload through our system.  Most third-party PDF compression tools will also flatten the PDF when compressing it, so if your preferred editor is unable to flatten it for you, finding a general PDF compressor should let you get around that issue.

If you would like, you could also email us your PDF, your username, and a reference to this post, and we can take a look at what else might be preventing that upload.  Just send that email to social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com if you're unable to get that compressed PDF to upload.

Aaron H

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.