cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tomorrow morning (8/26) from 07:00 AM - 08:00 AM ET we need to make a few updates to our site. During this time, no emails will be sent and some customers will not be able to access their contacts. We recommend finishing up your work before 07:00 AM and logging in after 08:00 AM ET. Thank you for your patience while we make these updates.

Double check your ConstantContact autoresponder series! They don't always send!

Occasional Advisor

Double check your ConstantContact autoresponder series! They don't always send!

I have run into some problems with my autoresponder series. While going through some contacts on my lists I noticed that not all of the people on the lists recieved all of the emails in the series. ConstantContact currently has NO FAIL-SAFE for this. They and I had no idea that people weren't getting the emails.

If you ever edit your emails or the timing of the emails in the series then it can cause receipients to not receive emails in your series.

I discovered this by accident. The only way to be sure that people are receiving all of your emails in an autoresponder series is to actually go into each contact yourself and see if they were sent the emails they were supposed to receive.

I've gone through many of my autoresponder series, and they all have receipients in them who did not receive the emails they were supposed to receive.

10 REPLIES 10
Occasional Advisor

Autoresponder series don't always send!!

I have run into some problems with my autoresponder series. While going through some contacts on my lists I noticed that not all of the people on the lists recieved all of the emails in the series. ConstantContact currently has NO FAIL-SAFE for this. They and I had no idea that people weren't getting the emails.

If you ever edit your emails or the timing of the emails in the series then it can cause receipients to not receive emails in your series.

I discovered this by accident. The only way to be sure that people are receiving all of your emails in an autoresponder series is to actually go into each contact yourself and see if they were sent the emails they were supposed to receive.

I've gone through many of my autoresponder series, and they all have receipients in them who did not receive the emails they were supposed to receive.

Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Autoresponder series don't always send!!!!!!

Occasional Advisor

Autoresponder series don't always send!!!

Regular Visitor

Re: Autoresponder series don't always send!!!

Tom,

We are experiencing this as well.

We continue to add contacts, but we do not see that anything past the welcome letter is deploying.

Would love a resolution from Constant Contact, but I have no luck contacting support.

Donna

Occasional Advisor

I always manage to get support on via the chat. It took many attempts to get a manager to follow up with me though.

Are you editing the series at all after it is created? Apparently that causes major problems. They didn't design for it.

Tom

Hello @TomR096. I apologize for the trouble that you have experience while working with your Autoresponder. I see that you have previously engaged with our Support department about this issue but I did want to provide more information.

As stated in one of our FAQs on scheduling an automated email: "If you edit the send time of an email or deactivate an email in an Autoresponder that is already activated, the existing contacts who are queued to receive that email will be dropped from the Autoresponder Series. The contacts can be removed from the list and added back, but they will start the Autoresponder Series from the beginning."

Like one of our reps stated, the Autoresponder was designed to be created once and then left alone to send out to new contacts added to a selected list. If you do need to edit an email in an automated series, you would have to pause the series and no emails would be sent during the time that you have the series on pause. Once you reactivate the series, the queued emails will resume sending but anyone who should have received a queued email during that time will not receive that email.

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Advisor

Thanks Catilin,

I didn't change the send time of an email, or delete one from the queue. I edited the content of an email. This should also be mentioned.

Having these points in your FAQ is reactive. People typically go to the FAQs after they have encountered the problem, and in this case it is then too late. Dropping people from the autoresponder looks bad. Adding them back into the autoresponder also looks bad.

ConstantContact should be proactive and warn people about the potential effects of editing their autoresponders when they go in to edit them.

So if we have autoresponders set up, and we want to alter the content of any of the emails, we're pretty much screwed, correct?

Tom

Occasional Visitor

6 month later and still hasnt been fixed

Hello @First-NameL31750. I apologize that you seem to be having trouble with your autoresponder. May I ask you what kind of trouble you were having? If you wanted to continue this conversation privately, you can also email us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with your username, a reference to this post, and what questions/concerns you had about your autoresponder. 

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.