cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downgrade Account

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Downgrade Account

I went to the help section to find out how to downgrade my account. Of course, once in plans and pricing there is only an UPGRADE section. Please provide information on how to downgrade my account.
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Downgrade Account

Hello @Nipomo_Chamber,

I reviewed your account and I see you are already on our basic "Email" package. Currently, there is no lower package. If you're talking about reducing your monthly cost there is the option to reduce the number of contacts in your account until you're in the lower price tier. 

If by "downgrade" you are referring to putting your account on Suspend. You would have to reach out to Billing team at 1-855-229-5506. Their hours are 7AM-9PM EST Monday through Friday. 

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

It really is a scam that you can not downgrade online, and then have to call in and wait on hold for 30 minutes. 

Hello @MikeP957. I apologize for the wait time that you experienced. Our Billing team was not available on Thursday and Friday due to the Thanksgiving holiday so this may be the cause of the long wait time for that department. For your account security, we are unable to discuss your billing here in the Community and you will have to contact that department directly. Here is a link to their phone numbers and hours of operation. 

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Regular Visitor

I agree. Companies often make it so difficult to adjust your account in  your favor but if it is for them to get money they'd have someone answer the phone while they are in the shower.

My account had less than 500 contacts and I am being charged for the upgraded account after I called and couldn't get through its very frustrating.

Tags (2)
CTCT Employee

Hi @DimitrousC

Thank you for reaching out to the Constant Contact Community. It's my pleasure to assist you.

I would like to take a look at your account and see what I can to assist you. Can you please email social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with your username, an explanation of the billing issue, a reference to this post and any other information you can provide and I will be happy to take a look? 

Thank you for choosing Constant Contact. Have a great day!

Adrienne B.
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!