cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Some customers are seeing intermittent errors when attempting to upload a new image or insert an image into their email. While we look into getting this fixed we have found if you try to reattempt your previous action, the image will be visible. We apologize for this inconvenience.

E-Mail Consent

SOLVED
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

E-Mail Consent

I just want to be clear on the consent policy. We have customers that set up accounts for credit. When they give us their information, they also give us their e-mail address. Because they are giving it to us is this considered permission? Thanks, Dot
1 REPLY 1
CTCT Employee

Re: E-Mail Consent

Hi @DorothyB97

Thank you for reaching out to our Community Page! Here is a helpful article that reviews Implied and Expressed Permission from your contacts. Expressed permission simply means that you asked for specific permission from a person to send them an email and they agreed. Implied or implicit permission is in place where some previous relationship exists, but express or explicit permission hasn't been granted. To double check that you are in compliance with the GDPR and CASL please always feel free to call our Support Line where they can go over our Compliance Terms.  

Joanna P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.