cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

E-mail are getting warning in G-Mail

E-mail are getting warning in G-Mail

Hello group,

wondering how to avoid the following warning in Gmail:

{My Domain} Mail Could not verify that it actually came from {My Domain}.  Avoid clicking links, downloading attachements, or replying with personal information.

Then has two boxes for reporting as Spam or Phishing

This is what it looks like to customers (Scratched out my domain):

Capture.JPG

As you can probably guess this is not what we want our customer to see?

Any ideas on how to make this stop?

Tags (2)
20 REPLIES 20
CTCT Employee

Re: E-mail are getting warning in G-Mail

Hey @JayG50,

Thank you for reaching out to us! We would be happy to help look into this issue. What is the campaign name that this is showing the message? Or you can also give our Deliverability team a call 1-866-433-8499.

Thank you for your time!

Desi_B
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Visitor

This has started happening to the emails we send out too - did not see this warning in gmail until the email blasts we sent starting December 2018.
Now I see it in every email (as I send it too myself too).

What is the solution?!!

Hi @NorCal.EDPA

Thank you for reaching out to the Community about your emails!  I am sorry you are seeing this message as well. At this time these warnings are only appearing in google hosted inbox. I also did want to mention this is something our upper level of support is still looking into further. Because we are still troubleshooting this we would like to collect a few more details. For instance:

• How long have you been seeing this message? 
  • Have you tried clicking "Looks safe"? 
  • Did clicking "Looks safe" work? 
  • Does any of your following emails have the same warning? 

In the meantime, we have added you to our queue to be notified when this is resolved.

Frankie.P

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Regular Visitor

Having the same issue. One of our subscribers responded with a screen shot showing:

"Gmail could not verify that it actually came from xxxxx@gmail.com. Avoid clicking links, downloading attachments, or replying with personal information."

This just started with our most recent send last week.

Tags (1)
Occasional Organizer

We are also receiving messages from our email subscribers on this warning to eblasts sent using constant contact. Please advise on how to fix this on our end or would you please address it within your system? We've been using CC for many years (8?) and this is a first. 

Hi @GrantW1 and @BarbaraDelgleize

Thank you both for reaching out to the Community. I apologize you are experiencing this with your emails! We would like to collect the same details from both of you to help with our troubleshooting:

Because we are still looking into these warning messages, both of your accounts have been added to this queue so you may be notified when this is resolved.

Frankie.P

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Visitor

I will pile on and say that the same thing is happening for our e-mails. Since the header of the e-mails claim they are "from" us, but are being sent by Constant Contact, Gmail is warning anyone that they may be fraudulent. 

Hi @GlenS11

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I have tracked this experience in your account and added you to our queue to be notified when this is resolved. In the meantime, can you please email us a screenshot of this email's full header? This email can be sent to social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com along with the answers to the following questions:

Frankie.P

Regular Visitor

The same thing is happening to me all of a sudden. My subscribers are getting this email warning in Gmail. How can I solve this? Screen Shot 2019-02-13 at 9.13.27 AM.png