cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

EVENTS: No Response Number does not match total sent number

Occasional Participant

EVENTS: No Response Number does not match total sent number

Everytime we send out an event eblast the number of No Response on the dashboard is significantly lower than the origianl list used.  PLEASE FIX this.

We are not able to easily resend to the non-responders and it is making SO much more work for us.

We sent 536 emails, but can only send to 60 non-responders, when only 209 have opened

When calling in to get assistance we have been told that this problem has been identified, but has not been fixed yet - and there are NO solutions for us in the meantime.

Screen Shot 2017-03-08 at 9.28.00 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-03-08 at 9.28.28 AM.png

6 REPLIES 6
CTCT Employee

Re: EVENTS: No Response Number does not match total sent number

Hello @KimberC5,

I am so sorry for any inconveniences this issue is causing for you. This is an issue that our developers are aware of and I can attach your case to a queue to be notified when this issue is resolved. In the meantime, I have a workaround for you! 

View the CSV file of non-respondents from your event invitation. Import it to a new email list and send another invitation to that list. Be sure you are using an invitation, and not an event email that was for non-responders (as the non-responders do not give you the ability to choose an email list.) I know this is a few extra steps, but until the issue is resolved, this is the best way to get an accurate list of non-responders to send out to!

Hayley L
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.
Occasional Participant

Hi Hayley

Thank you for your response. 

I tried your fix, but it is only giving me 60 non-respondents.

The CSV file of non-respondents for this specific event is only 60 names of the over 500-ish that were sent the invitation - minus the 100-ish that registered.

I need to get the 300-400 names that have not registered or responded.

Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Hi @KimberC5,

Maybe you could try going to your event invitation report, and creating a separate list of the 278 Did Not Opens. This way, you have a list of the pepole who havent opened the email, and you can send an event email invite to the group. Please let me know if this solution works better for you!

2017-03-09_10-35-45.png

2017-03-09_10-32-02.png

Hayley L

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.
Occasional Participant

Thanks Hayley

That did work.  But I sure hope this gets fixed soon.  We have been dealing with this for months and it needs to be addressed.

Occasional Participant

Hi Hayley

Actually - this didn't work.  There is a lapse between the 210 that opened it, but didn't register/decline - that are not included in the 278.... about 100.

We need this to send an email to only those who did not attend to send along the summary and photos of the event.

Any other work arounds?

CTCT Employee

Hello @KimberC5,

I'm sorry that the previous workarounds were not helpful. There is one other workaround that might work though. To make this is as easy as possible, I have already done the below actions for you. The list called CTCT Test in your account should have every person in it, that has not responded yet. I hope this helps, and I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Below is a little summary of the steps I followed to do this:

What you could try, is adding all of the original recipients of the invitation to a new list. (To make things easier, I have already done this in your account, adding all original invation recipients t a list called CTCT Test.) Once you've done that, you can export the list of registrants from your event and add them to another new list (for testing purposes, I added these people to a list called CTCT Registrants.) Once you have both a list of all Invitees and one of just registrants, you can go into the list with just registrants ("CTCT Registrants") and choose to remove these contacts from the list that has everyone in it ("CTCT Test"). This should then make the CTCT Test list, a list that has all of the people who have been invited and have not yet responded.

Here are some screenshots to walk you through the steps I took: (to maintain the privacy of your account, I have blurred out any personal info)

Step 1

EVENT_1.png

Since you sent to multiple lists, you can use the merge feature to select all of these lists and quickly add them to a new one.

Step 2

event_2.png

After selecting all of the lists and clicking on "Merge," type in a name for the new list and then click "Merge" again.

Step 3

event_3.png

Now you can go to the registrant list in your event, export it and save it to your computer.

Step 4

ADD_CONTACTS.png

After that, go right to the Contacts page and add the file via the "Upload from File" option.

Step 5

event_5.png

Once the file is loaded, create the list name for the list of just your registrants and click Upload.

Step 6

manage_lists.png

Once you have both lists of Registrants and all Inviteees, you can go into the CTCT Registrants list and select all the contacts. Next, click on manage lists and then choose "Remove from Lists."

Step 7

event_7.png

Now that you've checked off the option to remove any contacts from the CTCT Test list that also exist in CTCT Registrants, click Remove. Now you will have a list with all the non-responders in your CTCT Test list.

Once again, I apologize that this is a manual process. Our engineers are actively working to fix the issue you are experiencing. Thank you for your patience.

Jonathan Rich

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!