cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit mobile view

Edit mobile view

Is there a way that I can edit the mobile version of the email? I am VERY frustrated with the way some images come up on the mobile view. I've made changes to the size and location of my logo in the email but it still shows up very large on the mobile view--which is obnoxious and takes up unnecessary space. Please advise.
28 REPLIES 28
CTCT Employee

Re: Edit mobile view

Hi @KassandraF8,

We're sorry for any frustrations with how your images are displaying on mobile devices and glad you reached out about it! While there's not a way to edit just the mobile version, you can first upload your logo image file at a smaller width (less than 600 pixels wide) so its original size is smaller to begin with. In addition, you can follow some best practices for making sure your email campaign does look great on mobile devices! If you'd like to send us an email we're also happy to take a look at your email campaign to see exactly what's going on. Please send an email to social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com and include your username, the name of the email campaign, the specific mobile devices you're seeing this on, the email programs it's being viewed in, if you're working on the desktop version of Constant Contact or within the mobile app, and a reference to this post. Thanks!

Nichelle M
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

It would be great to add the ability to edit the mobile version. Wix is able to do this. The type on desktop vs. the type in mobile at the same pt size looks terrible and finding the "happy medium" weakens the design. Please please please add this feature. Thank you, Mimi O'G

All Star

Hi! I also had a super frustrating time with this, but finally figured out a solve. To "hack" this problem, I created a new logo with 100 px of blank padding on either side. It made the logo appear smaller and centered in mobile. 

Tags (3)
CTCT Employee

@JimB7452,

I'm glad to hear that you have found a solution that works for you! 

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Amber_L

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Visitor

I am frustrated with this as well. It seems it is such an easy feature to offer. Most people view their emails on their mobile device. I am paying monthly fees for a specialized service to help my business emails and campaigns appear clean and professional  Yet the mobile view does not display images in the same proportion as they appear in the desktop view. I should not have to find a "hack" for a simple feature considering I am paying for the upgraded service. Perhaps this is a feature Constant Contact can look into updating.  

Tags (2)
CTCT Employee

Hello @RhythmMusicP,

I'm adding your account to the feature request for more easily editing the image sizes which are used for Mobile viewers.  I'm sorry that this isn't something we currently have available.  If you have any other suggestions though please feel free to let us know, and we'll track those requests for the Design Team as well.

Aaron_H.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted
All Star

Thanks for the tip regarding white space on the side of the image to create a better mobile view.  This worked for me too.

Image (and font) management in the mobile view is by far one of the most frustrating parts of Constant Contact.  If I had a $ for every time I had to play with it to get it right...

Are you listening Constant Contact product managers?  Mobile devices are really common these days in case you have not heard!  Might want to make it easier for your long-suffering customers to manage images and fonts in the mobile view.

Tags (3)
CTCT Employee

Hello @LGEF,

Thank you for your feedback! I am glad to hear that you were able to find a solution that works for you. Before you send out your email, look at your email on a mobile device by clicking on preview to make sure it looks exactly how you want it. Also, is there a particular part on your template that is not showing correctly on a mobile device? 

We completely understand how important it is for your images to look great on a mobile device. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused and your feedback has been submitted to our Design Team as well. We will update you with any future information on this request! Please click here for some helpful design tips on mobile emails as well. 

Have a wonderful day! 

Zoe H.

All Star

Here's a VERY manual fix: lay the .png logo over a 640px by 100px white banner. Upload as an image then drag it out as big as it can get. The logo will show up as intended on mobile and desktop. Hope this helps!

Tags (2)