cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Due to an issue with YouTube, inserting videos in your emails is showing an error. Until they are able to resolve this issue, we recommend using a different video hosting service. We will continue to monitor this outage and update you as we have more information.

Edit mobile view

Top Answer
Frankie_P

Hi @GaryS1 

I apologize you're having this experience with your image resizing on a mobile device. Although the logo in your email was resized to appear smaller, it was uploaded at around 550px wide. This upload size causes it to display larger on a mobile device. Our templates are mobile responsive, and are designed to resize and display full width on a mobile device. To have your image display the way you would like it to, we suggest resizing it outside of our program to have a smaller width and re-uploaded into your account.

I do also want to make aware all feedback is read by Constant Contact employees. While there may not be a response for every comment – it is acknowledged. So thank you for sharing your feedback on this! Though this is functioning as designed, I have submitted this feedback to our Product team in the event that there is any change in the future. 

Re: Edit mobile view

I just figured this out; was having same issue. Use CC photo editor and resize to 150w (be sure you lock resolution first). When I viewed the image in mobile view after doing this, it was smaller with a nice amount of white space on either side.

clipboard_image_0.png

Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Hi @KarynP0

Thanks for joining us in the Community and sharing your experiences with updating the image in our image editor. This can certainly work overall provided you have a smaller width, but as an alternative it can be helpful to update the image size outside of Constant Contact by reducing it to less than 200px wide(as you did here with resizing to 150ppx) and re-uploading it. This way, it appears smaller on a mobile device. 

Brian_H
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Participant

Unfortunately, when you reduce the image to that size and then place it in the email, it loses definition. So I don't find this to be a solution. I would be really useful Constant Contact could provide some guidelines for the folks who are not using an agency to do their designs and are still struggling. 

Hi @CindyB06 

Thank you for sharing your feedback on this experience as well. I apologize if the workaround we recommend is not the solution you were looking for. We are however always open to ways we can better our user's experience and would like to collect a few details from you:

• Are you not expecting the image to fill the whole width of the mobile device?
  • Would the you want the image to remain the same size as in the editor/desktop preview?
  • Do you want to set a specific width and height to the image for being viewed on a mobile device only?

Frankie.P

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Participant

• Are you not expecting the image to fill the whole width of the mobile device? NO. 
  • Would the you want the image to remain the same size as in the editor/desktop preview? YES
  • Do you want to set a specific width and height to the image for being viewed on a mobile device only? COULD BE, IF THE OPTION IS AVAILABLE. 

Hi @CindyB06 

Thank you for responding with this information! We have tracked these details as apart of this feature request in your account. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist with in the meantime.

Frankie.P