cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing popup menu

Occasional Visitor

Editing popup menu

While trying to edit a block in a newsletter, the editing block keeps popping up right on top of where I'm working. Is there an easy way to move this, or stop it from blocking where I'm working?
7 REPLIES 7
CTCT Employee

Re: Editing popup menu

Hi @AlanR27,

I'm sorry the toolbox is in the way while you are editing your email. Usually, the toolbox will be above the block you are working on.

2016-07-22_1045.png

Sometimes if its a longer email and you are towards the bottom of a block, the toolbox will try to stay on your screen and stay visible by bumping to the bottom on the block of your email.

2016-07-22_1050.png

When you are editing your email, is the toolbox moving around as you are editing, or is it just placed in the center of your block where you are trying to add content? Also, if you try using Constant Contact on a different browser, do you experience the same issue?

Hayley L
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.
Occasional Visitor

Normally it does move as you say.

In this case, it kept showing in the middle of the block (an agenda for a meeting), and was annoyingly blocking the place being edited. It was a problem in both Chrome and IE. It was a problem after saving and re-opening.
Eventually, when using the screen scroll bar on the side of the window was able to adjust the block up/down enough to find one place when this stopped popping up and blocking where I was working, but it took a LOT of work to fix this quirk.

Hello @AlanR27. When you were editing the block, did you have your browser window not fullscreen or your zoom set at something other than 100%. We find that if you have the browser window not full size or have it zoomed in or out, the formatting toolbar does tend to float over the text in the block. If this happens again for you, check these settings out. Also, if it is a long block of text, try breaking it up into smaller text blocks.

Caitlin M.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

The same problem happens to me every time I use CC.  It occurs at the top, middle, or end of a newsletter, no matter how big or small my browser window is, and nothing has helped in your "suggestions".  I cannot work with such flaws, so unless this is fixed immediately, I will be cancelling and alerting colleagues of the problem so they do not waste their time and money with CC.

Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Hi @PatrickM437,

So sorry you are still experiencing this problem.  If you have tried all previous suggestions, might I recommend you call in to our Support for some immediate help? You can find the contact information and hours of availability here.  They would be able to do a screen share with you, and troubleshoot this further.  

If you have any further questions please feel free to reach out to us here. We are always happy to assist you in any way we can!

Donna_P.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Tags (2)
Visitor

I am having the same issue under IE and chrome. Has anyone found a solution yet?

Tags (2)
CTCT Employee

Hello @LUMC ,

Have you tried expanding to full screen and making sure that you're zoomed in at 100%? These are the most common causes of this issue. 

Amber_L

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.