cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email List categories Seldom Work Properly when I try to add a new client.

All Star

Email List categories Seldom Work Properly when I try to add a new client.

When I enter a new client, and try to include them on a pre-existing email list, 50% of the time, it won't take it.
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Re: Email List categories Seldom Work Properly when I try to add a new client.

Hi @BonnieK9,

I'm sorry for any troubles with adding contacts to your account. I'm not clear if you're trying to add a single contact or trying to upload a file of contacts? Nonetheless, here's some things to check with either option to ensure that all of your contacts get added to your account!

If you're using the Type in one contact function, be sure to click the blue Save button to complete the final step of adding a single contact:

2017-06-06_11-38-54.png

Also, if the contact you're trying to add has previously unsubscribed you won't be able to add him/her back into your account. In this instance you'll receive a notification message at the top of the screen indicating why the system won't add the contact.

If you're trying to upload contacts from a file it's best to format the file before the upload process. This ensures a successful upload and that all of your data lands in the right place. You'll want to check several items and we have a wonderful resource to assist with this.

Also note that when you label the column headings in your spreadsheet it makes it easier for our system to automatically put your information into the right fields during the import process! If you do see any unmatched columns, you'll simply need to click the drop-down to select a field name or create a new custom field. I hope this helps!

Nichelle M
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.