cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email builder not centered

Email builder not centered

When building an email the builder is left justified and not centered. It makes it difficult building an email when everything is so far to the left of the screen with huge amounts of empty white space to the right of the screen.
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Email builder not centered

Hello @SteveB906,

Thank you so much for sharing your concerns with us about the justification when creating an email. This is something we've heard from a few others as well, and I'll be sure to track your feedback so it gets back to our developers.

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
All Star

Any solution to this yet? It not only appears that way in the editor but sends that way to our clients as well and some things are being cut off.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to prevent it from appearing that way at least on the client's end.

Hello @JenniferV78,

The developers are still investigating the alignment of the editor, however I did take a look at your account to see if I could deduce what might be causing contacts to see this issue in their e-mail clients. It appears there are images in your template larger than 600 pixels wide causing stretching. If you notice that the images and text are all shifting to the right and leaving a big gap on the left that is a sign of stretching. This will cause e-mails to appear cut off in some clients that maintain a strict 600 pixel width parameter. I recommend looking at the dimensions of each image and making sure it's set at or below 600px. 

If that doesn't work, please reach out to us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with your username, a campaign you're working on, and a reference to this post and we can take a look and investigate further.

Nick S.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
All Star

Thanks Nick_S.

That helped to fix the issue with what our clients were seeing.

@JenniferV78,

I'm happy to hear it fixed the issue! We're here for you if you need anything else.

Nick S.

When I create an email using custom code, I always put my code within <center> tags to keep it centered.... lately whenever I do that, it appears centered on desktop email clients but not on my iphone mail app... any idea why?

Hello @SaraC91. I'm sorry that your email is not displaying correctly on a mobile device. We have a specialized team that can assist you with your custom code email and the display issues that you are having with it. You can call them directly at the phone numbers and hours listed here

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support