Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email link not working in outlook

SOLVED
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Email link not working in outlook

I assigned an email link (mailto) to a button. When clicking on the button, the link works fine in mobile and gmail but not in outlook*

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Email link not working in outlook

Hi @KevinH1942 

We have not received reports of our mailto links not working as they should! You mentioned this happened in outlook specifically. What version of outlook are you using? Is this outlook on a desktop or outlook on a mobile device? What exactly happens when you click on the link (error message, blank page, etc.)? Any further details you may have on this experience is helpful to have as I was unable to replicate this same experience with your most recent campaign in my own Outlook.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Frequent Visitor

Outlook for office 365 - desktop version.  When the box containing the email link is clicked, a Chrome window opens with the cursor in the address bar.  Nothing else is in the address bar.

Hi @KevinH1942 

Thank you for responding with these details. I have reached out to our upper level of support about this experience. Our agent was able to confirm this is not being caused by our system. Instead it may be a default application issue with the settings of your version of Windows as the system is trying to open the wrong thing with that mailto link. This setting does however vary depending on the version of windows. If you’re running windows 10, we would suggest following the steps on Microsoft’s article on how to change the default programs in Windows 10. If you continue to have this experience after making these changes we suggest contacting Microsoft Support directly or your IT department you are using a work address.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.