cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email "Opens"

All Star

Email "Opens"

Why can we no longer see how many have actually opened an email as we did previously? We can see open percentages but I no longer see actual numbers.
Tags (2)
8 REPLIES
Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Re: Email "Opens"

Hey @BonnieW64,

Welcome back to the Community! Thank you for reaching out to us. How far back are you looking at the open rate? I have tested all the way to 2014 and so far I'm not able to replicate that issue. I would also recommend clearing the cache in your browser just to be safe! Here are some instructions on how to do so!

Desi_B
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
All Star

Hi Desi,

I don't think you fully understand my comment.  I was able to see the actual open number and not open percentage rate with all my legacy emails.  As soon as I updated my email (just recently in February 2018) to the newer 3rd generation email, I can only see open rate as a percentage but not the actual unique opens as before, i.e., 2,040 opened as opposed to 23% or whatever opened.  Clear as mud?  My cache has been cleared out--no issues there.  It's a matter of how the numbers are now reported.  Only as percentages and not actual unique opens as before.  

CTCT Employee

Hi @

Thank you for reaching out to the Constant Contact Community. 

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. You're right that the percentage is the only thing that displays on the initial reporting page. However, if you click on that that percent, it will take you to the list of the total opens. This will show you the exact number. Also, if you go to the Reporting tab, you will see the percentage as well as the number of unique opens. I hope this helps. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you today.

Thank you for using Constant Contact. Have a great day!

Adrienne B.

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
All Star

Adrienne,

Thank you!  That's exactly what I was looking for.  I can see what I'd like to see at a glance under Reporting.  Duh!  Thanks again.  =)

CTCT Employee

Hi @BonnieW64,

I'm glad to see that Adrienne managed to resolve your inquiry! Let us know if you need assistance with anything else!

Lucas_D

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing
All Star

Thanks Lucas.  Will do.  =)

Advisor

But it doesn't answer the question of why it isn't there when every other statistic under the sun is. I shouldn't have to click over to the reports to see it if.  I know, I'm needy these days. But all these improvements (editors, screens, etc.) have not been improvements in real life. number of opens.JPG

CTCT Employee

Hello @Lizziebeth10,

Thank you for bringing your concerns to the community.  Whenever we make an update, we have to consider what information is most useful for the largest number of people, and sometimes this means that information that is less used gets moved somewhere slightly more difficult to find.  If you want more detailed reporting with as few clicks as possible, go to the 'reporting' tab at the top of the screen.  That should show you all of your recent campaigns, as well as the open rates, as well as actual open numbers, all on one screen.  You can even search for an older campaign there if you know the name that was used.

Aaron_H

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!