Due to an issue with YouTube, inserting videos in your emails is showing an error. Until they are able to resolve this issue, we recommend using a different video hosting service. We will continue to monitor this outage and update you as we have more information.
Emails (campaigns) are NOT mobile-responsive when viewed on an Apple iPhone device. Constant Contact is aware of this issue and has been for a month now. Any solutions or fixes out there? Any timeline for when this will be resolved? Thanks!
Solved! Go to Solution.
Hello @travisap. I'm sorry that you are experiencing this issue with viewing your campaign on an iPhone. I just sent a preview of your most recently sent email to my iPhone and I am not able to replicate the issue. I see that you have talked with a few of our Support agents about this but I wanted to ask a few additional questions.
Also, we did find that there are some browser plugins could be affecting the test email that is sent to your phone. Try opening Constant Contact in an incognito or private window, make a copy of the email in this new window, and send yourself a preview. Does this work for you?
Yes, it is the native mail app on the iPhone. I was able to produce this same error on a friend's iPhone too.
Yes, I have the most up-to-date version of the OS for my phone.
Hi @travisap. Thanks for replying to us. I did suggest in my post earlier to try copying the affected email while in an incognito/private window and sending yourself a preview. Did you happen to do this? Please let us know if this works for you.
Yes, that did resolve the problem. Should I always use the Incognito/private window going forward? Thanks Caitlin!
Great question. Not necessarily, but it wouldn't hurt. If it is functioning correctly while in Incognito/safe mode it at least points us in the direction that there is an extension/plugin or a build up of cache in the browser that is interferring with the display experience. I encourage you to take a look at the extensions/plugins you have activated on the browser and maybe try disabling them all temporarily and then enable them again one at a time to see if one replicates the display issue. That way you'll know what is causing the issue and won't have to go into Incognito/safe mode in the future. If the extensions/plugins route doesn't work you could try clearing the cache in your browser and see if that fixes the issue, but I would try navigating the extensions first.