cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails delivered to Yahoo account display as Suspended but account is active ?

Highlighted
All Star

Emails delivered to Yahoo account display as Suspended but account is active ?

I am the administrator of a Constant Contact account and have noticed that emails sent to my Yahoo email account in the past two weeks have bounced as Suspended. However, my Yahoo email account is active. What is going on with Constant Contact? How can I get back to receiving emails in my Yahoo account?

17 REPLIES 17
CTCT Employee

Re: Emails delivered to Yahoo account display as Suspended but account is active ?

Hello @MarinaO8,

Thank you for reaching out about your bounces from Yahoo. They were experiencing some server issues earlier in the month that caused their addresses to bounce. I'm sorry this affected you but I have unsuspended your Yahoo contacts so you can send to them normally again.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Amber_L
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Visitor

Re: Emails delivered to Yahoo account display as Suspended but account is active ?

Hi -- I'm having the same issue! I need to send out our newsletter tomorrow (4/5) and am concerned about so many Yahoo account suspensions from our last mailing, which was on 3/21. Our normal bounce rate is <1%, very low, but our last email had a 2% bounce rate!

CTCT Employee

Hello @LonnieS49,

I'm sorry that the issues with Yahoo's servers doubled your bounce rate, though congratulations on keeping it so low!  The issues with their servers were resolved earlier, and all of the good addresses should have come off of the suspended list by now.  This means that your email today shouldn't have had that same higher bounce rate.  If you're still seeing more bounces than expected, definitely feel free to contact us again and we'll be happy to look into it further.

Aaron H

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Contributor

I am experiencing the exact same issue. Can you unsuspend the Yahoo email addresses in my account as well please. This issue just began recently by the way. Thank you.

Hi @JohnB289. I believe that I just responded to your tweet! Our Deliverability team is best equipped to review these contacts. You can contact them directly by phone and they'll be sure to assist you!

Caitlin M.

Visitor

Hello... we have been having problems with yahoo emails for about a year.  I saw that some of those problems have been resolved, but I still get a LOT of yahoo bounces.  They come up as suspended or non-existent.   

We also get a lot of bounces for @interact.ccsd.net  Someone tried to help us with that one a couple of months ago, but they keep bouncing too. 

CTCT Employee

Hello @DianneH10861,

Suspended addresses are slightly different than non-existent or undeliverable.  If something bounces as non-existent, that means that most likely there is a typo in it, somewhere before the @ sign.  This happens quite frequently honestly, even when filling out a sign-up form, typos just happen.

If you're getting bounces as 'undeliverable' to a yahoo address, that's a bit more uncommon.  Undeliverable means that the server didn't respond, or doesn't exist.  So that usually means that there's a typo in that domain name, or their servers were down.  @yaho.con  would be an example of some of the things that might cause that.  At first glance, it might seem right, but a missing letter, or an n instead of an m can certainly break the email address.

Aaron H

Occasional Contributor

Aaron,

Here's the thing, in my case they never used to bounce or get labelled as suspended and then all the sudden a bunch of them wind up that way. That's a little too coincidental for me.

CTCT Employee

Hello @JohnB289,

If they're now suddenly bouncing as non-existent, then it's possible that their old accounts simply were removed, or shut-down.  Suspended addresses though are generally best handled by contacting our deliverability team directly.  They'll be able to help you figure out what's wrong, and get those addresses unsuspended if necessary.

Aaron H