cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails delivered to Yahoo account display as Suspended but account is active ?

Occasional Participant

Re: Emails delivered to Yahoo account display as Suspended but account is active ?

We had a whole bunch of Yahoo email addresses bounce today - marked as Non-existent - although they accounts are active. Is there currently an issue with sending to Yahoo?

Regular Visitor

Re: Emails delivered to Yahoo account display as Suspended but account is active ?

I am having the same issues with my account.  I thought that the problem would fix itself after the server issue was corrected and the suspensions timed out but that is not the case.  There are more this week than previously.

Hi @TerriL51 

I apologize for any confusion there may have been with these contacts! As previously mentioned in this thread, Yahoo has previously closed down a large number of inactive contacts. Closing down these contacts has caused them to bounce as non-existent. Because these contacts will continue to bounce, we suggest removing them from your account.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

I am noticing the same thing. I have quite a few contacts that are recommended for removal and most of them are Yahoo email addresses. What can be done about that? Can you reinstate the email addresses?

Thank you,

Terry Judge

The Income Tax School

Peoples Tax

Tags (2)

Hi @TerryJ0 

Thank you for reaching out about these contacts! I apologize for any confusion there may be with these suspended addresses. Email addresses get marked as Suspended after bouncing repeatedly as Non-existent. With that said, it is your decision on what you would like to do with them going forward. We have reviewed some of the addresses that bounced in your most recent campaign, and can see they've been bouncing for a while. If you believe they're good addresses, our Deliverability Support is available by phone and can look into them further. You also have the option to delete them under the Reporting Tab of your account if they're no longer good contacts to keep. 

Frankie.P

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
CTCT Employee

Re: Re: Emails delivered to Yahoo account display as Suspended but account is active ?

Hello @NightShift,

Thank you for reaching out to us about your Yahoo addresses bouncing. Last week Yahoo closed down a large number of inactive contacts, which is why you may be seeing an increase in that number now. However, if you know that any of the email addresses bouncing are valid, please send us an email at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with those email addresses and reference this thread! 

Amber_L

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Re: Re: Emails delivered to Yahoo account display as Suspended but account is active ?

Hi Amber,

Is the thumbs up "vote" button the same as the "Accepted Solution" button that you mention is at the bottom, right of the post? I can't seem to find that. Firefox browser.

Tags (1)

Hi @NightShift 

That's a great question! I apologize you are not seeing the "Accept Solution" button. This button will only be available to the original creator of this thread. I also would like to point out the thumbs up button is not quite exactly the same as the accepted solution button. With that being said, the good news is it does still let us know we are sharing the correct information with you.

Frankie.P