cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails not reaching subscribers - Formal complaint.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Emails not reaching subscribers - Formal complaint.

We would like to issue a formal complaint regarding the Constant contact service.

For a few months now we have had many of our subscribers saying that they are not receiving our e-newsletters, of which we send out one every Monday.

At first I thought it was down to you removing the multiple email address function but after many phone calls between myself and your support team you told me that 'Spam Cannibal' was causing the problem.

I have contacted Spam Cannibal and they have reliably informed me that my IP is not blacklisted with them so it cannot be that that is the problem.

I then decided to test sending some emails from templates used around the time that the problem started to happen,.

I have discovered that if using the new mobile optimised templates, it stops the newsletters being received by many email addresses, mostly ending up in spam folders.

I also tried an old non optimised template which resulted in more but not all subscribers receiving the newsletter.

This problem is having a detrimental effect on our business which relies on your service to effectively communicate with our subscribers.

Please try and find the root of our problem asap.

1 REPLY 1
CTCT Employee

Re: Emails not reaching subscribers - Formal complaint.

Hello @MelanieF514,

I am so sorry to hear that some of your contacts are having trouble receiving your emails. Thank you for the information you provided about your conversation with Spam Cannibal as well as the test you ran with sending the mobile responsive template versus the non mobile responsive template, that is extremely helpful when troubleshooting these problems. Could you please send us an email to social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with the name or names of the campaigns that you have noticed these deliverability issues with? Our Account Review/Deliverability team is ready to further assist you with this, they just need a few details first. We look forward to your email!

Brandon A.
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!