cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embarassing Automated Field Error

Highlighted

Embarassing Automated Field Error

My company spent weeks creating a big newsletter to highlight a recent conference. At the beginning of these newsletters, we always include the first name auto-fill function. This time, at some point, it switched to being unactive and we ended up sending the final campaign this way. Very embarassing and annoying for our company to have this function fail when we had relied on it to work. 

1 REPLY 1
CTCT Employee

Re: Embarassing Automated Field Error

Hello @CarissaK94,

I apologize that this happened. I understand how important it is for these feature to work. There are circumstances where the coding that makes this feature work can get deleted when editing. But, there are two ways you can test this before sending, to make sure it's working properly.

Here are some screenshots below that show the indicators of this feature working properly.

1. Dotted Outline

Custom_Field.png

If you see a dotted outline around the group of text, that is an indicator that this is text that will pre-populate the first names of your contacts when sent.

To test this, you can always go into the Preview mode of the email. If you see the name on your account filled in, this will also indicate that the feature is live and working.

2. Preview

custom_field_2.png

I apologize again for this happening. I hope this helps.

Jonathan Rich
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!