cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
In recognition of Martin Luther King Day, our Support Centers will be open with limited hours on Monday (1/20) from 10AM ET to 6PM ET.
Visit our Help Center to see all of the ways you can find answers to your questions.

Embed a video in email using the New Editor?

SOLVED
Developer

Embed a video in email using the New Editor?

Currently, when I move an action block to my editor, I can add the video. When one clicks on the received email, it only functions as a link, taking the user out of received message to another website.

I'd like for the user to be able to click on the video and have the small video play while in the received message.

Anybody know a way?

5 REPLIES 5
CTCT Employee

Re: Embed a video in email using the New Editor?

Hi @GranPaSmurf,

Thank you for reaching out to us through the Community. I can definitely see how beneficial it would be to have the recipient stay within the email campaign instead of sending them off to an external website when trying to view a video. At this current time, we do not have the ability to have videos playing within the email campaign themselves because this isn't widely supported by email clients. However, I have tracked this feature request to your account, notifying our developers about the request. I do apologize for the inconvenience. Let me know if you need assistance with anything else.

Lucas_D
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing
Occasional Visitor

Bummer,

I really wanted to embed videos in my emails as well!!!! Can Constant contact work on this please?!

Lisa

Developer

Lisa,

I've been following reports of a new technology developing in the world of email. I think the new capability of Constant Contact's new editor and templates are related to the new technology, Accelerated Mobile Pages. I have the feeling that we're seeing evidence of CC staying up-to-date and offering innovations a little at a time. Kudos to Constant Contact!

For me, following the emergence of the new technology, AMP,  is interesting and keeps my imagination thinking about how to keep my messaging fresh and interesting. CC's personalization of the subject line is an exciting step forward that I made use of right away.

The caution that CC has as they stay cutting-edge is being sure that our messages look good, is "how do those messages look to the 75% of viewers that have browsers not capable of displaying exactly what we send."

I appreciate Constant Contact staying on the development edge and I'll be one of the early adopters of the new offerings. Today's webinar has my attention.  I'm hoping to learn a lot.

CTCT Employee

Hello @GranPaSmurf,

Thank you for the updates! Its great to hear that you are going to be attending a webinar. We hope that you learn a lot too, let us know how it goes!

-Curtis P

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!

Hi @Equitage

Thank you for reaching out about your email! I'm so sorry for the delay in our response. Being able to embed videos in your email templates is not a feature we currently provide. This is however is feedback I have tracked in your account and passed on to our engineers.

Frankie.P

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.