cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embed form: One list ID is causing signups to multiple lists.

Regular Visitor

Embed form: One list ID is causing signups to multiple lists.

I represent a large company with 8 constant contact accounts. We are using elements of the legacy embedded signup form in a custom way on our website, and we do not want to change to the new inline/generated signup form.

For our primary account, we have a "ca" ID and an original list ID ("13") which works. We are now adding additional mailing lists to that account. We've gotten the list IDs of the new ones from the API, and I'm able to modify our form to sign users up to the correct list. The problem I'm having is that when a user signs up for one list, they are SOMETIMES signed up for other lists as well.

For example, say we have lists A, B, C, D, and E. We generate a form on our site with the account's "ca" and the "list:input" for each of these. When a user signs up for list A, they only appear on list A. When a user signs up for list B, they appear on both B and C. When a user signs up for D, they appear on D, B and E.

There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to it, but my guess is it's a bug in the way the new, longer list ID numbers are being parsed by the legacy embed form.

Unfortunately, if we cannot continue to use this form, the company would consider it a dealbreaker. We cannot and do not wish to use the generated inline form, and would seek a different marketing service.

We'd like to kindly request that you check whether the list IDs are being incorrectly parsed, or truncated, causing more than one list to be signed up to when a "ca" and a single, correct list ID is specified.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Embed form: One list ID is causing signups to multiple lists.

Hi @JasonP026

Thank you for reaching out to the Community about your sign-up forms! I apologize there are times were contacts are getting added to lists they should not be. This is something we would like to take a further look into. Because it sounds like you're working with a custom API, I suggest reaching out to our API Support team. These developers and support agents can be reached by email at webservices(at)constantcontact(dot)com. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist with.

Frankie P.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.