cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: : An unexpected error occurred. Your test email was not sent.

Occasional Participant

Error: : An unexpected error occurred. Your test email was not sent.

We are using the Custom Code Advanced Editor and I have been successfully sending myself test emails to see how Outlook displays it, but we started getting this error today. Please help.

Tags (3)
8 REPLIES 8
Occasional Participant

Re: Error: : An unexpected error occurred. Your test email was not sent.

It seems to have resolved itself. Maybe it was a server issue.

Tags (2)

Hi @TanyaD1 

Thank you for giving us this update! We're glad to hear you are able to use our Advanced Editor. If for some reason you come across this again, as a trouble shooting step we suggest exiting and re-entering your campaign. You can also reach out to us with that campaign name, the browser you are using, and the time/timezone it has happened. We would be happy to look into this further for you.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Visitor

I am having same error right now im on eastern time. Hopefully this will resolve itself

error: : an unexpected error occurred. your test email was not sent.

Tags (2)
CTCT Employee

Hello @BryonB5,

I apologize that you are having the same experience. If this issue does not resolve itself, please try our troubleshooting step we suggest by exiting and re-entering your campaign. You can also reach out to us with that campaign name, the browser you are using, and the time/timezone it has happened. We would be happy to look into this further for you. Thank you! 

Zoe H.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Visitor

Thanks I tried on Chrome and firefox. The campaign name is "Copy of Sep 15 2019" Im on eastern time and its 1:50pm. I thought it could be that im still in trial mode? Is there a limit to the amount of tests you can do? Thanks again!

Tags (2)
CTCT Employee

Hello @BryonB5,

We don't have a test limit in a trial account but you can only send up to 50 email addresses at a time. Thank you for that information! This is a known issue and we are currently working on getting it fixed as soon as possible. 

Zoe H.

Highlighted
All Star

Hi the exact same thing happened.

I did exit and re-enter my campaign. Even after couple hours, it still throws the same error.

Campaign name: 

1.DGC Re-enrolment for 2020: Pre-Launch email (Oct 25 2019)

2.DGC Re-enrolment for 2020: Pre-Launch email - French (Oct 25 2019)

Browser: chrome

Timezone : after 4:35pm on Oct 25th (Friday) / Eastern

Thanks!

CTCT Employee

Hey @AmarS9,

I'm sorry to hear you've had trouble with the test sends for your email, but I can provide some insight into what's happening.

As a means of preventing spam and billing mitigation, we only allow up to 50 test sends to non-verified email addresses in a 24-hour period. The email address you most frequently sent to during this time is not verified in your account. If there is a particular email address that you know you'll be test sending to a lot, you may want to add them as a verified address.

If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to reply to this thread or create a new one, and we'd be happy to assist.

William D

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.