cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: An unexpected error occurred while trying to process your request.

Occasional Contributor

Error: An unexpected error occurred while trying to process your request.

When I try to edit any of the content blocks in my newsletter, I get the following error message:

Your changes cannot be saved. Error: An unexpected error occurred while trying to process your request.

There are no special characters in the text, and I don't see anything strange in the code. I'm using the same template I've had for over a year (non-profit update, mobile friendly) and have had no problems with it up until now. 

I've tried creating multiple copies of this template, and using copies of older newsletters, but nothing is working. Can anyone provide advice for solving this issue?

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Visitor

Re: Error: An unexpected error occurred while trying to process your request.

I'm having the exact same issue. I even tried saving a blank version of my email and got the error!

Hello @MachielK and @LaraL2. I'm sorry that you have been experiencing these issues with saving a block. I would like to ask a few questions.

• What browser were you using?
  • Have you tried using either a different browser or a incognito/private window

If you could reply with this information, this would be very helpful and we could continue to assist you further. 

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Frequent Visitor

I've been having the same problem this morning. Using the most up to date version of Chrome and I cannot save any changes to blocks in my template. 

Thanks so much!

Hi @JenniferT559. I saw that you mentioned you are using Google Chrome. Have you tried using a different browser or going into an incognito/private window in your browser?

Caitlin M.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Frequent Visitor

Thanks Caitlin_M! Going incognito seems to work. 

Hi @JenniferT559. That's great to hear! There might have been an update to an extension or add-on that caused that error to appear originally. Please let us know if you need any further assistance. 

Caitlin M.