cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Happy Turkey Day! In recognition of Thanksgiving our Support office will be closed Thursday (11/23). We will be open Friday (11/24) for limited hours (10:00am - 6pm ET) and will be back to normal hours on Monday (11/27).

Error code when adding the Universal code

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Error code when adding the Universal code

Hi Everyone,

Just made a sign up form for my blog and when I add the Universal code I get the following error:

Error parsing XML, line 1986, column 116: Attribute name "async" associated with an element type "script" must be followed by the ' = ' character.

Anyone else had this problem?

Cheers,

Anders

3 REPLIES
CTCT Employee

Re: Error code when adding the Universal code

Hi @AndersT

I apologize you’re receiving a parsing error with your sign up form! Because you are receiving this message on your website, I suggest following this helpful FAQ we have on adding an inline form to your site. This FAQ offers installation instructions for specific blog sites, and general installation instructions as well. I also would suggest taking a look for line 1986 in your coding. Once you find the attribute that is mentioned, you can add the = after it or even remove that section of coding (depending on what it's for).

Frankie P.
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Occasional Participant

Hi Frankie,

Thank you for your reply.

Sorry I was away a few days.  I used the FAQ prior to posting my comment. 

I have again tried to add the universal code and I still get the error.

Where exactly is the " = " going to be placed?   The platform I'm using is blogger and in the FAQ it does not refer to installation instructions on a blogger platform.

It is not that I'm new to Constant Contact, I used you in the past for probably 10 years or so and I can not remember to have this kind of an issue.

In your reply you mention something about removing some coding.... what do you mean by that. I don't think it would be advisable to remove the code from the blogger platform?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Cheers,

Anders

Occasional Participant

I found a solution on line.... I changed the following 

<!-- Begin Constant Contact Active Forms -->
<script> var _ctct_m = "26301e8bbbcc548a7a04f7dc1c01a1e6"; </script>
<script id="signupScript" src="//static.ctctcdn.com/js/signup-form-widget/current/signup-form-widget.min.js" async defer></script>
<!-- End Constant Contact Active Forms -->

To the following:

<!-- Begin Constant Contact Active Forms -->
<script> var _ctct_m = "26301e8bbbcc548a7a04f7dc1c01a1e6"; </script>
<script id="signupScript" src="//static.ctctcdn.com/js/signup-form-widget/current/signup-form-widget.min.js" async="async" defer="defer"></script>
<!-- End Constant Contact Active Forms -->

It seems to work. Now I just have to resize the form.

Please let me know if it is a problem with the above.

Cheers,

Anders

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!
Loading script asynchronously