cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message with Read More block

Highlighted

Error message with Read More block

I am receiving an error that says 'Looks like we can’t access that URL. Try again or use a different URL.' when I try to insert a link in a 'Read More' block. However, this is not consistent. A link to one webpage will work while another will not. Here are two examples:

ReadBlock_doesntwork.pngWhere the link doesn't workReadBlock_works.pngWhere the link works

I am completely stuck! Please help.

5 REPLIES 5
CTCT Employee

Re: Error message with Read More block

Hello @mbnla,

We apologize for the inconvenience this is causing you. We were able to insert that link in a new campaign without receiving an error message. Please take a look at the email campaign in your account titled "support copy" and please let us know if this error message comes back. Thank you! 

Zoe_H
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

Not really. I, too, have been able to add a read more block to a new email. The problem pops up when I try to update the link to a new webpage. And, to make it more interesting, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

CTCT Employee

Hello @mbnla,

Thank you for getting back to us!  That is definitely strange that it is doing this so inconsistently.  I am going to add that additional feedback to help our engineers figure out what is going on with that.  For the time being, I would recommend removing the old Read More block and placing in a new one when trying to update the links in your newsletter.

Briody_W

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Visitor

Please fix this. I've been trying since about the same time as the original poster. I have been using several RSS feeds (which are feeding to other websites properly) in my newsletter for years and suddenly constant contact gives me the message that the rss link is wrong.

Hi @MTCC

I apologize this is happening. What is the URL that won't work? This experience is something our support team is troubleshooting further. There are just a few more details we need including are there any security settings or login required on the website? Is your link https or http?

Also, if you have not done so already, I would suggest shorting your URL. Using a shortened URL is a troubleshooting step we have seen other customers use as well. Please let us know if  a shortened URL does not work. In the meantime, I have added you to our queue to be notified when this is resolved.

Frankie P.

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!