cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Due to an issue with YouTube, inserting videos in your emails is showing an error. Until they are able to resolve this issue, we recommend using a different video hosting service. We will continue to monitor this outage and update you as we have more information.

Error when sharing event on FB

All Star

Error when sharing event on FB

We are trying to share our event on Facebook and when we click on ticket information on the event in Facebook, it brings up an error: "We're sorry but we've experienced an error processing your request. Please contact the Event Organizer" Would you be able to assist on figuring this out? https://www.facebook.com/events/1365716740173518/?context=create&previousaction=create&ref=5&page_id...
Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1

Re: Error when sharing event on FB

Hello @WLCFS,

I'm sorry to hear the link is not working properly! I would be happy to help.

I took a look at the Facebook page you linked to and I was able to replicate what you are seeing with the error message. The issue is because the full event url was not copied before being linked on your Facebook page.

When on the Event dashboard page look for the Event URL field near the top:

2017-08-17_19-32-14.gif

It only displays part of the link. You want to left-click on it once to highlight it blue. Then right-click on the highlighted text and choose "Copy." This will capture all of the URL, including what isn't shown. It should show a series of alphanumerical characters at the end if it is copied correctly. 

If that still doesn't work definitely reach out and let us know. You can always email us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with your username and a reference to this post if you would like us to investigate further. 

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.