cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event Registration Error: We're sorry but we've experienced an error processing your request.

Occasional Visitor

Event Registration Error: We're sorry but we've experienced an error processing your request.

I have an event coming up and I've had someone contact me saying they received the error:  We're sorry but we've experienced an error processing your request. Please contact the Event Organizer.

I've had people use this registration page already so I know it works.

I even went in and tried to register them myself and got the same thing.

Why are we I getting this message?

4 REPLIES 4
CTCT Employee

Re: Event Registration Error: We're sorry but we've experienced an error processing your request.

Hello @DaleD32,

Thank you for reaching out to us. There are a number of reasons this could occur, but the most common is that the people trying to sign up have unsubscribed from you in the past. This is the most likely case as most of the your other contacts that have tried to sign up have been able to do so successfully.

I would recommend taking a look at your contacts, searching for the people having issues, opening their contact page, and seeing if they're unsubscribed or still awaiting confirmation.

Click here for more information on resubscribing contacts.

In the meantime you could register these people using junk emails (e.g. test@test.com, email@email.com, etc.) or a different business/personal email address so that you at least have their info. If you need to contact them via email further, and can only use the one specific email address, you will need to get that specific address resubscribed.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, or if the contacts being unsubscribed isn't the issue, please reply to this thread and we'd be happy to assist.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: Event Registration Error: We're sorry but we've experienced an error processing your request.

This is a terrible answer. Only recently did CC start blocking registrations from people who had unsubscribed from lists. And you never told us you were doing that. Why does someone have to be subscribed to our mailing list to attend an event we're producing? Of course it's preferable that they be a subscriber, but it's not necessary. All this does is cause more work -- guesswork, mostly, to try to figure out the problem -- for event organizers.

CTCT Employee

Hi @VincentV22 

Thank you for reaching out to the Constant Contact Community. I'm sorry for the inconvenience this problem has caused you. This was actually a previous system issue we had experienced and it has since been corrected. Are you still experiencing the problem? If you are, can you please email your username, the name of the event, the email address that can't be used to register and a reference to this post so we may take a look at it? 

Thank you for using Constant Contact. Have a good rest of your day!

Adrienne B.
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!

@William_D wrote:

Hello @DaleD32,

Thank you for reaching out to us. There are a number of reasons this could occur, but the most common is that the people trying to sign up have unsubscribed from you in the past. This is the most likely case as most of the your other contacts that have tried to sign up have been able to do so successfully.

I would recommend taking a look at your contacts, searching for the people having issues, opening their contact page, and seeing if they're unsubscribed or still awaiting confirmation.

Click here for more information on resubscribing contacts.

In the meantime you could register these people using junk emails (e.g. test@test.com, email@email.com, etc.) or a different business/personal email address so that you at least have their info. If you need to contact them via email further, and can only use the one specific email address, you will need to get that specific address resubscribed.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, or if the contacts being unsubscribed isn't the issue, please reply to this thread and we'd be happy to assist.

I am having the same issue. But this is more work and subscription is not necessary