Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event Registrations triggering malware warnings

Highlighted
Visitor

Hello

We have recently received emails from two club members saying they are receiving malware warnings from their anti virus software when attempting to register for our events.  This occurs when they want to pay by credit card and happens when they are directed to the payment screen.  I'm told these users received a warning the page was not secure and the potential for phishing malware.  Has anyone else experienced this or could this be something to do with the anti virus software these users have?  Thanks in advance for any feedback.

2 REPLIES 2
Visitor

Hello

We have recently received emails from two club members saying they are receiving malware warnings from their anti virus software when attempting to register for our events.  This occurs when they want to pay by credit card and happens when they are directed to the payment screen.  I'm told these users received a warning the page was not secure and the potential for phishing malware.  Has anyone else experienced this or could this be something to do with the anti virus software these users have?  Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Re: Event Registrations triggering malware warnings

Hi @KenK194 

I apologize your invited contacts are seeing this message in their browser! I can understand how important it is to not see this message. With that being said, this is not something we can control as it is based on the security program on their computer. Are your contacts able to continue past this Not Secure message? We have seen cases where this messaging does not prevent registration, and once a customer continues, the message will go away. I would also suggest reaching out to the company of this payment method for further assistance as the charge is not being collected through their payment system and not by Constant Contact.

Frankie P.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.