Did you mean: 

Event decline triggers

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Event decline triggers

Hi

I think I am doing something wrong.

Please can you assist me in setting up the trigger or mechanism to know when an event is declined so as to send the declined confirmation message?

Thanks.

Andre van Schalkwyk

Tags (2)
7 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: Event decline triggers

Hi Andre,

If you go into your Event, on the right hand pane is the option for Confirmation Messages.

You can edit the Decline Message here and then click the Finish button.

Then if someone declines, it will automatically display them the Decline Message.

*Note: The Decline Message only displays if they are registering through the Event Invitation, which is the only place the Decline link is present.

I hope that helps!

Occasional Participant

Hi Marissa

Thanks for the info, but it unfortuantely does not make sense.

I dont have a decline button that gets added automatically and when I create items in my form that says "I will not be able to attend" the user still receives the registration success message, I dont see a way to trigger the not attending message here.

Very sure there is something that I am doing wrong.

Any help would be great, thanks.

Andre

Honored Contributor

Hi Andre,

No worries, let me see if I can explain this.

The "I can not attend" link is actually included in the Event Email you send to your contacts.  It will only send if someone clicks that link.

If you're not sending the Invitation from within your published Event, they will not receive the Decline message.

If you added a field to the registration to state "I will not be able to attend", that is still registering them for the Event in our system. Our system doesn't know that that is a "decline" option.

Does that make sense?

Occasional Participant

Super, thanks Marissa.

It does make sense.

Honored Contributor

You're welcome! I'm glad that helped!  

All Star

How does this work with the new update?  I am not seeing the decline button added automatically on the event lading page.

Hi Susan,

There is not an option to decline on the event landing page as there is no customer information being saved. The decline button is available in your event's email invitations. The landing page is designed to be a more public option where people can register if they want but don't need to take any action if they don't want to attend. Here is an article from our Help Center that goes into further details on understanding the difference between your Event Landing Page and Event Invitations.

Hope this helps,

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!