cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event registration and social share

Highlighted
All Star

Event registration and social share

Our company has been benefiting tremendously from the Constant Contact emails. It works perfectly and we have changed the way we communicate with our employees! I have one complaint in regards to the events registration tool: Although I understand that most of the business might benefit from having the event social share (Facebook and Twitter) not all of them would like to have this feature as a built in solution. Our company used the event registration for the first time in order to invite our employees to a corporate party. Our key managers were extremely disappointed when they found out that the guests could share the event on their social media channels. It has already caused problems with other employees that work offsite and were not supposed to be invited. Unfortunately, this is the first and last time that we will be using the event registration. It’s a pity, since it’s a great tool and it’s a part of our package, but because of one built in solution that may not be beneficial for all clients, we will have to utilize another service. Best regards, Surian Sidoni Solutions By Design II, LLC
3 REPLIES 3
CTCT Employee

Re: Event registration and social share

Hello @SurianS

Thank you for passing along your feedback about this.  We have the ability to remove the social share options from an event by removing the event from your events calendar.  You can do this on the Event Dashboard after an event has been made live.  Here is what it looks like.  

2016-03-07_1023.png

We hope that this helps.  If you have any further questions, please let us know.  

I need to change the social share for facebook: to New Jim Crow Movement - Jax removing my personal fb page: Aleta Alston-Toure'

Hi @AletaA2

I'm so sorry that we somehow missed your post and didn't respond sooner! When initally connecting social share to Facebook you will need to be logged into your personal page and make sure that you're listed as an administrator for your New Jim Crow Movement - Jax business page. The reason for this is that only a person who is an administrator for a business page can authorize different apps to be used on Facebook; and don't worry- once you're in your Constant Contact account and connecting your social media channels you'll see that the business should show up as an option for posting. You can then select that page to share your campaigns to instead of having them shared to your personal page. This FAQ will walk you through setting up social share in your account. If you have any other questions or run into any issues please let us know so that we can help. Thanks!

Natalie B.
Social Media Marketing Manager