cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Event registration options

Occasional Advisor

Event registration options

Hi all,

I've created an event and opened registrations, but have discovered a problem with my form.

This is a three day event, with various registration types covering tickets for single days, two days, etc.  I thought that the easiest way to set up the registration form would be to set the event as 'free' and list my registration types as 'Additional items.'

I've found that (as well as the form looking cluttered) the result has been a lot of 'blank' registrations coming through.  I would rather have set a registration fee in the typical way, but is there a way to change the Fee to allow users to select more than one option?  This would be preferable to creating different registration options, i.e., 'Monday,' 'Tuesday,' 'Wednesday,' and then options for 'Monday and Tuesday,' 'Monday and Wednesday,' and so on.

Thanks for any suggestions the community may have!

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
CTCT Employee

Re: Event registration options

Hello @Ozymandias,

Thank you for getting in contact with us!  I can definitely understand how you would want them to be able to select their exact days over a three day event.  Due to the nature of the fee system, they are only able to chose one of the options. 

One idea may be setting it up as a one day, two day or three day pass option and then having a question box below asking for the days they wish to attend?  This would add an extra step but would free up a great deal of space on the form itself. 

Another possibility could be to have single days for the registration fee (I.E. Mon, Tues, Weds) and then under additional items, you could have additional days (I.E. Just Tues and Weds. If they chose an initial day as anything other than Monday, then they likely wouldn't need to click Monday down here).

I apologize for the inconvenience of not being able to allow people to select multiple fees and hope these ideas help you out! Let us know if you need anything else.

Briody_W
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Advisor

There is no way to link the question box to the fee, is there?  That is, where selecting the appropriate fee would trigger a question to be relevant.

I wonder what other solutions users have found.  I've been approached by several event companies and would like to short list some for future events that have more complex registration options.

Tags (2)
CTCT Employee

Hello @Ozymandias,

Thanks for the reply! Excellent question, as of now, we don't have the ability to link the question box to a fee.  I will absolutely submit that feedback to the appropriate teams for review.  I apologize for that inconvenience.

I cannot speak to the specifics of complexity in other platforms nor the quality, I'm afraid.  My experience with event registration platforms has been just about entirely through our Event Spot.

Briody_W
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.