cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event registration page not displaying properly on smartphones

Occasional Participant

Event registration page not displaying properly on smartphones

My event reg page works fine on desktop, but via a smartphone, the "responsive design" seems to only show a couple of the fields, so users cannot complete the ticket purchase process. Is this related to the template? I would guess that well over half of the potential ticket buyers will only ever see the page on a smartphone. 

BTW, on smartphone if you do provide your email address twice, the continue button just loops you back to same page - very annoying.

smartphone reg page.pngon smartphone

Screen Shot 2018-07-25 at 9.28.46 PM.pngon web desktop

8 REPLIES 8
CTCT Employee

Re: Event registration page not displaying properly on smartphones

Hi @ReneeB585,

When looking at an event registration page on a phone, it will only show what you have in your screenshot initially and ask for the email address and email address confirmation.  Once that is filled in and the Continue button is clicked it should go to the remaining information, pricing, and submittal page.  I brought your registration form up on my Android phone and was able to put in the email address, confirm the email address, and move to the rest of the form to finish registering.  

This is what the initial form looks like on my Android phone (note that it has a white link underneath the Continue button to show the desktop version if desired, so it is showing the mobile version at this point):

Screenshot_20180726-073856_Chrome.jpg

:  

Once I fill that in and click Continue, I get the rest of the registration screen:

Screenshot_20180726-074034_Chrome.jpg

If you are not getting that next screen, could you let us know what type of phone you are using so we can look into this a little further?

Donna_P.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Participant

Just tested it again, and it just loops back to the page I screen-shot above with fields for email addr...

I am on an iPhone running 11.4.1

Also, if I click "desktop view" I get exactly the same reformatted page, not the desktop web browser page

Occasional Participant

safari browser as shipped on iPhone, from email in Apple Mail app

CTCT Employee

Hello @ReneeB585,

Thank you for that information! When you click on the link to switch to desktop view, it may not be working because it is up to your phone's browser to decide what view it shows. Also, if it is not letting you register on your phone than the work around is to register on a desktop device. I apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused, but at the moment we do not have any updates on when this will be fixed. We will update you as soon as we know! 

Thank you and have a wonderful day! 

Zoe_H

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

Is there any solution for the event registration page that doesn't display properly on smartphones? we have the same issue and would like to resolve it asap.

thank you

CTCT Employee

Hello @AlainP7

Thanks for reaching out in the Community! Unfortunately there is not a workaround for this issue as we cannot control which format (desktop vs mobile) phones display when viewing our links. 

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. 

Thanks!

Alex S.

Visitor

WOW!  Really? No solution?  That's crazy!  SALES are being LOST!!  Using your platform is costing us (your users) exponentially in lost sales!!  You know that we only have a few seconds to have an impact...expecting users to transfer to a cpu is absurd!! This platform is archaic!  I wish you had an actual solution...it's disappointing.  

CTCT Employee

Hello @HollenM,

Thank you for your feedback, we completely understand why you would like a fix to our product instead of switching over to the Eventbrite integration. I will submit your feedback on this, and please reach back out to us if you have anymore questions or concerns. Have a great Sunday! 

Zoe_H

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!