cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Events - Not Receiving Confirmations on Paid Registrations

Occasional Contributor

Events - Not Receiving Confirmations on Paid Registrations

Good Morning - 

I recently discovered that we are not receiving confirmations for any registration that is a paid registration for events.  When we first set up this events, we did a lot of testing, and this is not an issue.  However, when testing today, I discovered that when I register for an event that is free, both myself (as the event venue) and the registrant receive the confirmation email.  However, when it is a paid event, neither myself (as the event venue) nor the registrant receive the confirmation email.

What is causing this and how do I correct it?  Any help is sincerely appreciated.

Thank you and all the best,

Amanda 

3 REPLIES 3
Marketing Advisor

Re: Events - Not Receiving Confirmations on Paid Registrations

Hello @AmandaB446, We apologize for any inconvenience you may be experiencing towards the confirmation payment email not being delivered. I would contact your processing payments company to find out why the completed payment email is not being sent.

Within Constant Contact we only have the option to receive email notifications each time a registrant completes registration. Since we do not collect fees, we would not have the ability to send the completed payment email. Please contact your vendor for further help, and sorry for any inconvenience. Please let us know if you need any further assistance. Thank you

Highlighted

I am having this issue, as well. I've used CC for several paid events over the past 5 years. The last one was a year ago. This time I noticed that 4 out of 14 registrants so far completed their registration, they received a payment confirmation email from Propay, (so did I), but neither of us received a confirmation email from CC. I had to log in and manually change their status to registered from abandoned. I was told by customer support that it was due to something the registrant did. I find it hard to believe afeter years and many events.  Please check this code! Terri

CTCT Employee

Hello @ReinventA

Thank you for letting us know about the issue with the event registrations. I will track your feedback and forward over to our engineering team.

While it is true that the issue can be caused by the registrant having clicked the back or refresh button during the registration process, we also see this issue occur if there is a drop in internet connect (even for a moment) on the registrant's end. 

An option you may want to consider is for your future events is our integration with Eventbrite. You can take a look at these articles to help you get started with the integration. 

Thanks again for reaching out in the Community. Have a great day!

Alex S.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.