cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excluding Contacts with Segmenting???

Excluding Contacts with Segmenting???

For an ongoing campaign our organization is running through the end of the year (consisting of multiple emails), we'd like to exclude several contacts who've already donated offline from receiving further emails soliciting donations, while leaving them on all of their respective lists. 

This seems like the kind of task that could be done very quickly with the Tags feature, but because we have over 10,000 contacts, we're stuck using Segments, which doesn't appear to be beneficial to this task in the least because the activity we're trying to segment was done outside of Constant Contact. I don't want to have to make several new email lists, just to ensure less than a hundred people don't receive additional emails. Please tell me how to do this quickly and easily with Segments. 

3 REPLIES

Re: Excluding Contacts with Segmenting???

Hi @impacctbk

Thank you for reaching out to the Community about your contacts! I apologize for the experience you're having with using tags as you send out your emails. Limit contacts by tags in an account that has over 10k active contacts, is a feature request we have submitted in your account. In this case using our list management tools instead of creating a segment would be the best workaround. I suggest merging the lists you're using into one, upload your list of donors into a separate list, and remove the donors from the from your newly merged list. Once you do this, you will have a list of contacts minus the donors your do not want to email.

Frankie P.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
All Star

The first step in how to merge lists has a note that if you have over 10K contacts you can't merge lists using these steps ... UPDATE: but it let me do it.

Hi @KarenP82883

I'm happy to hear you were able to merge your contacts after all! I hope the workaround we provided has helped. Please let us know if you have any further questions as you continue to work in your account.

Frankie P.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!