cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expand the Resend Function

Occasional Organizer

Expand the Resend Function

Is there an easy way to resend an email only to those who have not clicked through? It would be helpful to be able to resend an email to recipients who A) opened the email but didnt click through and/or B ) did not open the email at all.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Expand the Resend Function

Hi @STLPartnership

Thanks for posting!

That's a good question- there is a pretty easy way to resend a campaign to those who didn't open by using our QuickSend feature, but we don't have a way within our system to resend a campaign to those who have opened, but not clicked through to your links. If you take a look at the QuickSend FAQ you'll see that it directs you to go to your contacts page first and select the ones you'd like to resend the campaign to, but there's another way you can do it if you have a specific campaign in mind. Go ahead and click on the name of the campaign in question, then on following page select the contacts who didn't open, like this:

DNO1.png

From there you can click the empty check box at the top of the list of contacts to select them all, or you can manually select different contacts. Then you'll want to select "More Actions" and "QuickSend" like you see here:

DNO2.png

You'll get a pop-up window that allows you to select the campaign/email you want to resend, and it looks like this:

DNO3.png

There are certain limitations to QuickSend, such as how many campaigns display as options for the resend, and how many contacts can be sent to, so please check out the FAQ I linked to earlier in this post to see all the details. 

I hope that helps, and please let us know if there's anything else we can do to assist. Thanks!

Natalie B.
Social Media Marketing Manager

I would also like this option!

CTCT Employee

Hi @JenniferB5159

I will be happy to track your feedback on this as well. 

Thanks for reaching out in the Community! Have great day!

Alex S.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Tags (1)
CTCT Employee

Hi @JenniferB5159,

I would like to expand a little bit on what Alex_S replied with.  We do have a couple of new options as far as resending to contacts now!

The first option can be selected when scheduling an email campaign, and is called the "resend to non-openers" option.  This allows you to have the system automatically resend the email to anyone that has not opened it a specified number of days after the original send! 

You can find the instructions to automatically resend an email to contacts who did not open here.

The other option, which is even more powerful, is our new Segments option.  This allows you to create a segment of contacts based on a specific criteria (such as those who did not open a certain campaign, or any campaign over a period of time), which can then be sent to for further targeting of your campaigns. 

You can find instructions on defining your own list segments here.

I think you will find these new features very helpful!  If you have any other specific ideas as to what you would like to see regarding resend options, please let us know!

Donna_P.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

Thanks Donna - I just found that out through CC Chat. Great feature!

Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Hi @JenniferB5159,

You are welcome!  Have a great day!

Donna_P.

Tags (1)