Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export Contacts not working properly

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Export Contacts not working properly

I just tried to export one of my lists under contacts. I asked it to give me name, e-mails, phone numbers, addresses, and a custom field. However, it did not do this. It gave name, e-mail addresses, and lists.

How do I get the information I actually asked for?

Tags (3)
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Export Contacts not working properly

I just did an export with selected fields for one of my lists and it worked fine. Which doesn't help you any, I know, except to say this morning the functionality is working properly. But it sure is not fun when it doesn't work, right?

Hi @Anonymous

Thanks for letting us know this export feature did work for you! We're always happy to hear our program is functioning properly. If you ever come across a time were it doesn't feel free to reach out, we're always here to help.

Frankie P.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

Hi @DianeW23

Thank you for reaching out to the Community about your contacts. I'm sorry to hear your custom fields were not in your export like they were supposed to! I took a look at your account and was not able to replicate this experience you're describing. When I checked off the Custom Fields to be included in the export, it did appear in the download. 

2018-02-23_13-50-01.png

I would suggest taking a peek at the export I have created today at 1:49pm EST to see if you can see these custom fields as well. If you do, I would then suggest to try exporting your list one more time with the Custom Fields option selected.

Frankie P.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Contributor

No this did not work. Yes, it created a file and yes I can download that file, but it doesn't contain the requested information. These are the only columns in the sheet. You will notice there are no address columns or phone number:

First nameLast nameEmail address - homeEmail address - otherEmail address - workWhy are you uniquely qualified to present it?Please provide an outline of your workshopNotesRenewal DateEmail ListsNotes
Occasional Contributor

Oh wait a minute, I just realized that you just didn't make the same request that I had made.

I just redid it now and it worked. Sheesh. who knows why it didn't work the other day???

CTCT Employee

Hello @DianeW23,

We are happy to hear that it is working correctly after all! Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

-Curtis P

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!