cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tomorrow morning (8/26) from 07:00 AM - 08:00 AM ET we need to make a few updates to our site. During this time, no emails will be sent and some customers will not be able to access their contacts. We recommend finishing up your work before 07:00 AM and logging in after 08:00 AM ET. Thank you for your patience while we make these updates.

Export not including email addresses

SOLVED
Occasional Contributor

Export not including email addresses

I am trying to export a list of address and even though I check "email addresses" in the export drop down no email addresses are in the export file. I have tried an embarrassing number of times BUT I get everything BUT the email address? 

Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong? 

Thanks 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Export not including email addresses

Hi @TomW860

Thank you for bringing this to our attention! I took a look at some of your exports and can see exactly what you are describing in your exports. What browser are you working in? Are you receiving any error messages? I tested exporting your list and was not able to replicate the same experience. After selecting Email Address as one of the fields to include in my export, these addresses did appear. This is something you can see in the export on Jan 8, 2019 at 11:11pm +07. I would suggest trying in a different browser or a private/incognito window. Please let us know if this makes a difference.

Frankie P.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Contributor

when I start the export name and email address is already checked. I do not check it again... I use the current version of Google Chrome browser. BTW I am in Thailand but can't see why that would affect anything.  

BTW I have a few contacts with secondary email addresses and no primary ones but can't see how to get them all in the same field when I edit the contact.  I'm a retired nerd and should be able to figure these things out!

thanks

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Here is the solution:  the default check mark in Email address in Chrome is ignored.  (that doesn't appeart to be the case for First and last name)  I found if I unchecked all of them and then manually checked the fields I want it worked in Firefox and Chrome. (tested it in Firefox first)

I have 5 email addresses in the "regular" email field the ALL the rest in OTHER how can I get all the email addresses in one field. I opened the contact record but can't see how to do this? I'm going to have to turn in my nerd badge :-( 

CTCT Employee

Hello @TomW860,

It's odd that you would have to re-check the email address field, I'm not seeing other reports of that happening, so it's possible it's being caused by some browser plugin, or other setting which we just don't see frequently.  I'm glad you found that workaround though!

Our system used to support having multiple email addresses for a single contact, so it needed to track what type of email address was entered.  Due to a number of changes to our system, especially related to changes in international anti-spam and data management laws, we changed the system to now only allow one email address per contact, and going forward all new contacts will have their email listed as 'other'.  The only reason that you have some of your contacts in a different column, is because they existed on your account before we made that change.  If you were to change those contacts email to something else (I usually just add the number 1 to the end of the address) and then delete them, you could then re-add those contacts, and they would come in as brand-new contacts in the 'other' category.

It's a bit of a hassle for a workaround, and I imagine it won't be worth it in most cases, but if you only have 5 contacts that need to be changed, that would be the only way I'm aware of.  I would also like to say that as a fellow nerd, there would have been no way to figure that particular aspect out on your own. It's not just a limitation in the system, it was a specific change that you wouldn't have known about if you weren't working on our end of the system.

Aaron H

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Contributor

Thanks! I always tell my friends and former customers "we are nerds so you don't have to me one" :-)

Hi @TomW860

You're very welcome! I'm glad Aaron was able to help. Please reach out again if you have any other questions.

Frankie P.