cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Due to an issue with YouTube, inserting videos in your emails is showing an error. Until they are able to resolve this issue, we recommend using a different video hosting service. We will continue to monitor this outage and update you as we have more information.

Exporting an email or email template to another account?

SOLVED
Visitor

Exporting an email or email template to another account?

We have serveral accounts for different clients. Someone created an email with the editor in our account, but we need to move it to a client account.

Is there any way to do that without recreating the entire email?

Thanks,

Bob

60 REPLIES 60
Occasional Participant

Exporting template, history and one contact list to a new company account?

Hi,

We have been happily using Constant Contact for some time, with one business, let's say ABC.inc.

ABC.inc has an in-house subsidiary called (for example) 123.inc. They are in totally different spheres of activity. Their databases are completely separate. They share the same staff and premises.

Because of a time-limited marketing opportunity, 123.inc needed to send out an urgent newsletter. ABC.inc helped, creating a single address list, using its ABC.inc account to send out the urgent newsletter for 123.inc

This is not sustainable, as ABC.inc contact and other details show on the newsletter containing information and offers from 123.inc.

Statistics from the 123.inc campaign are now in the ABC.inc account and are not appropriate there.

Having achieved our result with this once-off newsletter, we now wish to open a separate account for 123.inc.

Question: Can we export the template, activity and statistics directly into the new account? Can you help transfer it for us? Exporting the customer contacts seems straightforward enough.

Thanks for your help.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Exporting template, history and one contact list to a new company account?

Hi Pearse,

Constant Contact would be able to transfer a campaign from one account to another for $49.00. Unfortunately, any metrics for that email would not be carried over.

If you were to remove the email from 123.inc, the reports from that email would no longer show up in your email statistics graph.

To remove an email, click the Email Marketing tab. Below that tab, to the right, click Remove. Select the 123.inc email and click Remove.

I'll go ahead and submit a feature request to see if we could allow the exporting of email reports from an account.

Thanks,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Occasional Advisor

Easily copying email template between accounts

Hi,

Our company has 2 ConCon accounts, one for French-speaking clients and one for English-speaking clients. Up until now there were 2 separate people managing the accounts. Now it's just me. I realize that it would probably be much easier to merge the 2 accounts and manage everything through the lists. But, right at the moment, I need to send the same email to both accounts- is there any way to easily copy emails between accounts to avoid having to do the entire reformat? Thanks!
Cheryl

Honored Contributor

Re: Easily copying email template between accounts

UPDATED: May 2018

The workaround provided for copying blocks from one email to another does not apply for 3GE templates. This workaround requires you to use HTML Code, at this time 3GE does not offer HTML access. If you are working in a 3GE template, you will either have to edit a copy of your email or recreate your blocks in the new template.

-----

Hi Cheryl,

I do have a workaround which would allow you to recreate the email in the other account by copying the blocks from one template to the other. In order to do so, you will need:

• Firefox open for the first email
  • Internet Explorer for the second email
  • Select the same template used for the original email
  • Copy the blocks from the original email to the new email by copying and pasting the HTML of each block

If this is something you would like our Custom Services team to complete for you, there is a small fee of $49.00 to do so. If interested, fill out this service form

I hope this helps,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Occasional Visitor

I'm assuming that it's $49 per email? So if I have three emails to "transfer" to my client's account, it would be $147?

Honored Contributor

Hi Carl,

Yes, it is $49 per email.  But we do take this in on a case by case basis.  We don't want to quote anyone publicly without looking at their information first. I'd be happy to set up a no-obligation call with one of our representatives in our Custom Services Team for you.  Let me know if you'd like me to do that.

Occasional Visitor

I"ve found many Forum answers from CC have broken links. 

Please fix the link to: Copy the blocks from the original email to the new email by following these steps

Please keep this problem in mind when replying to questions in these forums.  It's happened 2/3 times I've googled a question in a CC Forum.

Hi Stacy,

We did update all of our FAQ links and some of the URLs changed. We've been replacing the links we can find in the Community and appreciate you pointing out this one. 

Thanks,

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

The link Hannah_M cannot be found