cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting an email or email template to another account?

SOLVED
Visitor

Re: Exporting an email or email template to another account?

I totally agree! I want to open my own account after using a friend's to send an email letter and simply want to keep that letter as a template. I can't believe there is not an easy way to do that.  Must be a money thing.  

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for adding your thoughts. If you can access both accounts you can copy the template from one to the other using the code. I understand this is not ideal and I am happy to pass along all of your feedback on this topic.

Thanks,

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Visitor

Totally agree. This is a very frustrating/annoying non-feature of Constant Contact. I'm a designer and create layouts for my clients to send out through their own accounts. Perhaps a solution would be a design only type of login/account. 

Tags (3)
Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Hello @SarahF357,

Thank you for reaching out to the community!

I understand your frustration with not being able to transfer email campaigns between accounts. However, if you are managing multiple Constant Contact accounts I recommend checking out our Business Partner program. With this, you will be able to manage multiple Constant Contact accounts from one console and transfer emails between accounts whenever you like. This is a special program for marketers or designers such as yourself that manage multiple accounts and get a little monetary compensation in return for bringing more organizations to Constant Contact. Click here for more information and to apply for this program.

I hope that this helps!

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

-Curtis P
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Visitor

Thanks for your response, Curtis!

Your suggestion seems like a good solution for this issue. I am looking into the program, however I didn't see any details on what type of costs are involved for the partner (me) under the program. Can you point me to that information?

Thanks very much,

Sarah

Tags (2)
CTCT Employee

Hi @SarahF357,

The best part about it is, there is no cost to you! However, you do have the potential to make some extra money by signing up accounts under your partnership. It's a great thing to be able to collaborate with individuals such as yourself!

-Curtis P

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Regular Visitor

Checking back in on this thread because all the old links to how to manually shift emails are broken, and can't find them again by searching FAQ.

Is there a new link for how to manually move a designed email to another constant contact account so they can blast to their list as well?

Thanks!

Tags (2)
CTCT Employee

Hello @AmberS55,

Thank you for reaching out to us. If you are using the Second-Generation editor, you can follow the steps displayed on this FAQ. Keep in mind that these steps can only be reproduced with Second-Generation templates (these templates will be marked with the title ''Legacy''), that allow access to the HTML.

If you are currently working on a Third-Generation editor, the steps would be to recreate the email in the desired account. At the time we are still reviewing this feature and I'd be happy to pass along your feedback.

If you do not wish to recreate the email, we also provide a service that would have one of our specialized departments recreate the email in the desired account for a $49 fee. If you would like to speak to an agent about this service, you can reach out to our support line with any additional questions here.

Tiago_R

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing
Occasional Visitor

this is the same advice i just got over a phone call, not sure if anyone at CC is listening, but we need a quick way to transfer campaigns from one acct to another

CTCT Employee

Hi @BrentL673,

Thank you for reaching out to us through the Community. As was mentioned above, if your campaign was designed within the second-generation editor(Legacy) then using these steps with the HTML will help you recreate your email campaign in another account.

Within the Third-Generation editor however, we do not have the ability to currently access the HTML. Therefore, the best option at the moment will be to recreate the email campaign within the new account. Also, we have the option to download the email campaign as an image file. As a workaround, you can use the downloaded email campaign and insert it as an image within the new account. However, you won't have the ability to edit it entirely since it will be an image file. For more information on this, please click here.

With that being said, I will be submitting your feedback to our developers regarding a quicker way to transfer one email campaign from one account to another. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused in not having this ability as the moment. Let us know if you need assistance with anything else.

Lucas_D

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing