cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting an email or email template to another account?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Visitor

Exporting an email or email template to another account?

We have serveral accounts for different clients. Someone created an email with the editor in our account, but we need to move it to a client account.

Is there any way to do that without recreating the entire email?

Thanks,

Bob

28 REPLIES
Occasional Participant

Exporting template, history and one contact list to a new company account?

Hi,

We have been happily using Constant Contact for some time, with one business, let's say ABC.inc.

ABC.inc has an in-house subsidiary called (for example) 123.inc. They are in totally different spheres of activity. Their databases are completely separate. They share the same staff and premises.

Because of a time-limited marketing opportunity, 123.inc needed to send out an urgent newsletter. ABC.inc helped, creating a single address list, using its ABC.inc account to send out the urgent newsletter for 123.inc

This is not sustainable, as ABC.inc contact and other details show on the newsletter containing information and offers from 123.inc.

Statistics from the 123.inc campaign are now in the ABC.inc account and are not appropriate there.

Having achieved our result with this once-off newsletter, we now wish to open a separate account for 123.inc.

Question: Can we export the template, activity and statistics directly into the new account? Can you help transfer it for us? Exporting the customer contacts seems straightforward enough.

Thanks for your help.

Honored Contributor

Re: Exporting template, history and one contact list to a new company account?

Hi Pearse,

Constant Contact would be able to transfer a campaign from one account to another for $49.00. Unfortunately, any metrics for that email would not be carried over.

If you were to remove the email from 123.inc, the reports from that email would no longer show up in your email statistics graph.

To remove an email, click the Email Marketing tab. Below that tab, to the right, click Remove. Select the 123.inc email and click Remove.

I'll go ahead and submit a feature request to see if we could allow the exporting of email reports from an account.

Thanks,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Honored Contributor

Re: Exporting an email or email template to another account?

Updated: November 2017

Hi,

You can move an email from one account to another by following the steps in this FAQ. Our custom services team can also move an email from one account to another for $49.00. If interested, check out this page.

Thanks,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

All Star

This answer is completely unhelpful. I just spent the last 10 minutes searching the Constant Contact FAQ for the answer. Can't you just provide a link to the right page where the specific question is being answered? Survey Monkey provides free file transfers between accounts for its Professional-level members, I would hope that Constant Contact could figure out an easy way to facilitate this without charging $50 for the service, and requiring that a special request be made. For businesses, nonprofits and other organizations collaborating on events, campaigns, etc. this would make everyone's work a lot easier.

CTCT Employee

Christine,

My apologies for the link no longer being active. Here is an updated answer on how to do this. You will have to make sure you have permission to do so and access to both Constant Contact accounts, to complete the task.

Have a wonderful weekend,

Marty

Thank you,
Marty K
Social Media Support

Are you on Twitter? Follow me href="http://www.twitter.com/ctcthelp" target="_blank">here!
Visitor

that really is not an acceptable method. You could easily add a "package" button that will export html, styles and images to a zipped folder. If you're worried about loosing business then export the packaged file as a Constant Contact specific zipped file. 

Hi Marie,

Unfortunately at this time the two workarounds provided are the options for moving a template between accounts but I am happy to pass along your feedback and ideas. The updates we make come from user-requested features so we appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks,

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Occasional Visitor

This is not exporting, but rather, recreating.  Anyone who works in Constant Contact can do this without a tutorial, the point is to avoid having to do it this way..  I agree with your other customer, this is not an acceptable solution. 

Hi Patti,

Thanks for adding your thoughts, I have submitted them on this idea for you.

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!